Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
@allcruisen the mic does not have the channel indicator on it - just the buttons to change channels.
@biggum "breaker, breaker, watt channel am I on?" ?

Just noticed where you mounted it, nice. Where you mounting the antenna? Make sure to have your SWR checked. Also, if you mount it on the back, it will most likely have to clear the top of the cap to get good reception.

Allcruisen

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,278 Posts
My plan is to mount on the back but I also considered mounting where the FM antenna goes on the hood. The 3’ will be about 1’ above the cap but I run a soft top in the summer anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
@biggum You probably know this but just a reminder, don't forget to check your SWR's, if it's to high, you won't be able to transmit or hear clearly and most important, you can ruin your radio.

Allcruisen

·
Registered
'96 XLT, 5.0, E4OD, Electric 4X4, Automatic Hubs
229 Posts
@JoelS wow, I must have missed the paint it black thread, if you had one. Looks nice! Your son is gonna get one sweet ride when you're done! Did you get a headlight harness for those new headlights?
Thanks @MS88Bronc ! The black paint was a surprise we were saving for the FOTM thread. :) I did not realize about the harness. Can you shoot me a link please?

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,395 Posts
Thanks @MS88Bronc ! The black paint was a surprise we were saving for the FOTM thread. :) I did not realize about the harness. Can you shoot me a link please?
Here ya go. It’ll send more juice to the lights by using relays, thus only using the headlight switch in the cab to flip the relays instead of switching the full power current to the lights.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
Hi @Dr V , Was wondering where did you order your 34"s General Grabber tire's ? I looked on their website and I can't see any information on them.

Thanks and Keep those pictures coming,
Allcruisen :cool:

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,836 Posts
Hi @Dr V , Was wondering where did you order your 34"s General Grabber tire's ? I looked on their website and I can't see any information on them.

Thanks and Keep those pictures coming,
Allcruisen :cool:
I think he made a typo. If you open the pic up and zoom in they say 33x10.50R15LT on the sidewall.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Correct guys, they are 33s. There arent many sizes with the red lettering.. And that was a must for me.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,293 Posts
Thanks (y) lots of neat stuff coming up
You already earned bonus points for using a Starrett angle finder! Lol. Starrett has gotten a large chunk of my money in the last five years.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,293 Posts
@JoelS those bronco chairs are sweet! And rare. I managed to acquire a single one from a buddy who snatched it up at an estate sale.

They arent the strongest, so be gentle with them!

Reactions: JoelS

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
505 Posts
You already earned bonus points for using a Starrett angle finder! Lol. Starrett has gotten a large chunk of my money in the last five years.
Lol well good of you to notice....these tidbits of information I am skimming over were all their own big deal at the time of occurrence and sharing these steps in the build process is not something I can share with many...fewer still will appreciate the problems, solutions and effort behind all of it but it is nice when someone is actually interested in it all....thanks for viewing....lot of nice Broncos here this month with great builds! Tough competition.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,293 Posts
Hah I know a red and yellow tool when I see it! Kinda like hearing an international diesel...

That's one gnarly sounding BBC, by the way! Nothing like the sound of a big block, no matter the make.

Reactions: 84mudhorse

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
505 Posts
Hah I know a red and yellow tool when I see it! Kinda like hearing an international diesel...

That's one gnarly sounding BBC, by the way! Nothing like the sound of a big block, no matter the make.
I whole heartily agree lol...that rumble gets inside you...

·
Addicted to Junk
12,293 Posts
Placed my vote. It sure was a tough one to make. I wanted 4 votes lol! Great competition guys!

241 - 259 of 259 Posts