Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 79 bronco and im putting a 79 f150 extended cab on it i got 35's on it but i need cheap (homemade) ideas someone told me 2 get the pole off a road sign but i dont think that would be strong enough but more importantly i dont need 2 get in trouble any ideas or websites are greatly appreciated

:beer

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
i seen alot of different things used......hocky pucks, large framing washers (for buildings or homes), plastic resen tube, solid aluminum or steel even seenone person add a second frame to get the lift.......mike
i got a 3" bronco body lift up for sale now you would not need all the blocks but it still work....mike

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
WTF?!? Just buy the kit.
No fawking chit, there like what, $70??!!?!

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Body lifts suck

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
cheap will cost you more in the long run.
why dont you start a savin, or get a paper route....

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
ToddACimer said:
Body lifts suck
Damn near as much as flux core wire, but yeah, I agree. :rockon

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
body lifts blow donkey cawk. but if I ever did a doubler again on a 78/79 bronco with a full body, I would put in a 1" solid spacer body lift. I had to cut so much of the lower body up to get it to fit in there.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
jopes said:
body lifts blow donkey cawk. but if I ever did a doubler again on a 78/79 bronco with a full body, I would put in a 1" solid spacer body lift. I had to cut so much of the lower body up to get it to fit in there.
1 or 2" maybe but 3 looks gay and you've got to wonder how much more stress is put on the frame

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I ran hockey pucks for 15 years on my 76 F-150...I never had a prob...I did get alot of crap for it but hey I was cheap & had zero cash...

·
Registered
268 Posts
fourwheel parts sells replacement body pucks for perfromance accesories body lifts. i put a one inch body lift on my 78 cheap, 21 bucks for all the pucks and like 20 for longer grade 8 bolts and some washers. i posted a link to this a while back in this forum just dont have time to find it right now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For use on a flexy C-channel frame I am not too fond of the typical solid-puck body lifts. But I am fond of the extra room a body lift can give you to work on your crap. So I was thinking of trying to adapt one of the 1" poly body lifts to work on my truck. Has anyone tried this yet?

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you really have ZERO then your not going to be doing anything. All parts no matter how cheap still cost something. Like was already stated, body lift kits are cheap. I guess cheaper is hockey pucks or a stack of washers and longer bolts. USE GOOD BOLTS. dont use butter.

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
How the hell can like 30 or so hockey pucks plus bolts be cheaper than just buying the kit???
Only takes 10, not 30, and you can get them for $1.50-$2.00 each.
As for the bolts, most kits come with grade 5 and you'd want to upgrade to grade 8 anyway

1 - 20 of 28 Posts