The doors are all locked and the bottle is dry
So pass me a chew and I'll sing you a song
If there's a problem with that we can get it on

Chorus
:rockon

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I have seen hiom twice in VA, and three times in NC. If you check out his website he visits little dive bars alot, and if you send him an e-mail or myspace him he can help you find a time when he comes to your area, or other bands that are near you. Also has some cool merch on the website, just search Jason Boland and the stragglers.

P.S My favs are Falling with style, Rattlesnakes, and Somewhere down in texas.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
yall should look up stoney larue

and roger creager
and cory morrow
and randy rogers
and wade bowen

theyre all awesome and theres also a ton of other artists the rest of the country is missin out on that I really dont have time to mention

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
somewhere down in texas is an awesome song seen him a few times while i was out in ok. check out kevin fowler too he sings dont touch my willie

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fowler ive got, randy rodgers too, roger creager is on my list

the others ill check out. Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
pm me if you want a detailed list, hah it'll give me somethin to do tomorrow. If you tell me what you wanna hear I'm good at perscribing a fix.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, im just learning about that brand of country, im tired of the radio style and trying to find some differnet stuff.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
oh and give johnny cooper and walt wilkins a shot. I've been addicted to those two for a little while now.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
If you have XM try X county. They have some good stuff, especially when they do rough calls (Been on there like 5 times myself). Other bands/people I listen to with regularity

Cross Canadia Ragweed
Chalie Robinson
Drive-by Truckers (Boys from alabama is one of my favorites)
Bruce Robinson

It is hard to find the music played live sometimes, and that kinda sucks, but I have converted alot f people to it at work.

Hell my GF and I have decided to try and get Jason to play our wedding in the event we decide to get married.

Other good Boland songs are as follows:

Mexico or Crazy
When I'm stoned
Tennesse whiskey
Telephone Romeo
Can't tell if I drink (Funny)
Time in Hell
Up and gone

·
Registered
192 Posts
So yall are just now coming around to Texas Country? Bout time it gets out there. Lets see try some Eli Young Band, Corey Smith (from Alabama actually), Stoney Larue, Randy Rogers Band, Kevin Fowler, Aaron Watson and Brandon Rhyder from my home town of Carthage ,Tx. That should get you going for now. It's great music, more of a mix between old rock and country. The country on the radio now days is sickening, nothing country about it. I'll post some more as soon as I think of them.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I fairness it is hard to get "red dirt music" (as I have always heard it reffered to) outside of texas Oklahoma area. You kinda have to be introduced to it as I was about three years ago.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I fairness it is hard to get "red dirt music" (as I have always heard it reffered to) outside of texas Oklahoma area. You kinda have to be introduced to it as I was about three years ago.
Yeah it is, I'm one of the fortunate ones who live right in the midst of it(and eventually participate in it, but not for a few more months of prep).

Ole Walt Wilkins lives up in Nashville. You know his eyes have seen the miles.
Ah a fellow pat green enthusiast, who knows the better days of pat f'in green. For the record Walt doesn't live in nashville anymore. But his eyes have seen the miles and his new cd hasn't left my truck yet, its good and it keeps growin on me (same with bleu edmonson's newest)

Here's the best piece of advice I can give, Go to www.galleywinter.com and look around, theres tons of info on great artists, and most of them interact with their fans. If you're lookin for merch then go to www.lonestarmusic.com

·
Try it now!!
9,115 Posts
Ah a fellow pat green enthusiast, who knows the better days of pat f'in green.
On my Supermotors I have albums dedicated to Pat Green road trips from years ago. Hell I'd even rent a plane and fly to a city hes was playing in. I havent had one in at least 2 years. Not because he hasnt been touring...thats for sure.
I hear Taps playing in the background. You know what I mean.

·
Registered
237 Posts
so far nobodys mentioned the obvious CCR (Cross Canadian Ragweed).
Also, although a little more mainstream is Trent Willmon. He is my favorite and the stuff NOT on the radio is so amazing. Next time your working on the BKO pop in so "so am I" off his "little more livin" cd and garuntee you'll have a good time. when you're ready to go party gotta listen to "good one comin' on" or "the good life" etc... amazing stuff.

I just found a local guy in WA that CAN hold a candle to TX country, but he is no where near popular enough to find if you aren't local to WA (Skagit County) his name is Knut Bell. Beautiful and amazing music. If really interested PM me as his site and myspace are WAY OUTDATED.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts