Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished a 2" lift on my stock 84 Bronco and am a little worried. I put the coil spacers in front and the 2" blocks under the rear springs. When finished I had to spend $250 to get the front end alligned to correct for the lift. Now I have a very stiff ride and am worried I may be causing bigger problems down the road (driveshaft issues, front end problems, tire wear etc..). Should I pull everything out and go back to stock while keeping my 32" tires? Any ideas? I want to be safe and do not want to hurt the truck for a little extra lift but am sick I spent so much time and money to get here and not enjoying it.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I've got coil spacers on mine too it rides rough but I've dealt with it. My alignment isnt bad but I've got more weight up front with my front bumper vs stock. My 33's clear really nice and I like the stance

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
ToddACimer said:
I've got coil spacers on mine too it rides rough but I've dealt with it.
If your talking about the type of spacer that goes under the coil then it has not and cannot affect ride quality.

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Gacknar said:
If your talking about the type of spacer that goes under the coil then it has not and cannot affect ride quality.
Yeah, no kidding. Spacers and lift blocks do not affect ride quality at all since you're still using the same springs you had beforehand. What about the shocks, are you maxing them out over bumps?

·
Registered
317 Posts
You should have done research before you put the blocks in. You could have got a basic full complete 4" kit 460.00. That would have come with shocks and springs. For 480.00 you could have goy at complete basic 6" kit with shocks and springs.

·
Registered
783 Posts
BigSteve77 said:
You should have done research before you put the blocks in. You could have got a basic full complete 4" kit 460.00. That would have come with shocks and springs. For 480.00 you could have goy at complete basic 6" kit with shocks and springs.
Where are these 4" and 6" kits that you are talking about?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Gacknar said:
I would think he is not. I know of no manuf. that will sell you a 2" block to go under the coil. I used the steel spacers, but the max suggested height (sold in 1/4" shims) is 1".

I've also seen the little bolt extenders for the coil to TTB connection (which you would have to have right at about 1"), but I would not think 2" of lift under there is a good idea at all.

·
Yeah- I did it-SO WHAT !!
512 Posts
Daystar makes a poly spacer 2" thick with a coil stud extender. I've seen 'em from $70-110pr.Only thing(like all the leveling coils) the alignment is shot to hell and expensive to fix(if possible to get in specs)

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
BRONCFOOT said:
Daystar makes a poly spacer 2" thick with a coil stud extender. I've seen 'em from $70-110pr.Only thing(like all the leveling coils) the alignment is shot to hell and expensive to fix(if possible to get in specs)
I have 2 inch Rancho coils on my truck and my alignment is fine.:shrug

Go ahead and order up one of those $460 kits and tell us how it goes. You get what you pay for when it comes to suspension.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts