Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title sums it up, whats the cheapest place these days?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
When you say Timkens, are you meaning the carrier bearings or the wheel bearings? Don't know if you would do the wheel bearings and seals while the shafts were out.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,518 Posts
When I regeared - I got my Timen rebuild kit from JBG. I just redid my wheel bearings this weekend, I got them from JBG - they were the same USA made bearing that was in the truck OEM -so I was happy. I couldn't get the bearing out with a puller, I was able to pop the seal, but ended up using a dremmel to cut the race so it would pop out.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say Timkens, are you meaning the carrier bearings or the wheel bearings? Don't know if you would do the wheel bearings and seals while the shafts were out.
Talking a master install kit for 8.8 gears (which does not include wheel bearings). Found a guy on pirates (CCOR is his screen name) that claims they are Timkens and 68$ plus shipping. Doubt I will do better than that........

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,518 Posts
Even with a slide hammer?
Slide hammer indeed - had my dad holding it straight while it used both hands trying to get the damn bearing out. I was hitting it so hard the truck was rocking on the jack-stands.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts