Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light has been coming on during shifts, and there is a noticable hesitation between first and second occasionally. First came on about a week ago, then the truck went to the shop for a new belt and pulleys and I told the mechanic the light come on and off at times as well, but he said it didn't show any codes. Will the codes only show when the light is on? The only time it comes on is during these bad shifts, and then go off about 3-5 minutes later. Tonight i was driving it and when i accelerated, it shifted from 1 to 2 with a strong "klunk" and jerked forward a bit, then the light came on. At the end of a long trip i just took this weekend it came on and it really wouldnt accelerate once i was in running gear, overdrive wouldnt work and it wouldnt downshift for the life of me. So i'm assuming this is a transmission problem, but what i'm really asking is will the codes only show up while the check engine light is on? Its hard to just stop in the middle of the road and test it especially if it goes off shortly after. Its a stock 1994 auto transmisson 5.0 litre

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
auto trans.......which one? there are a few of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts