Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent too much money to have the shop tell me there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. The CHECK ENGINE light comes on about 10% of the time. Usually blinks off right away but stays on at times when there's no real load on the engine or when just idling. Manual is no help, replaced the wires, plugs and filters.... shop says the engine is perfectly tuned. Anyone run into this before on a 351? :banghead

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Ryans right. He knows his stuff. And the same thing happened with mine. The Engine light would go on every month or two and turn right back off. I knew it was my EGR and since I was not concerned with emissions I just left it. For 3 years I ran it and never had a problem.

·
Registered
643 Posts
mines been on since like the day we got it and runs great for the shape its in

·
Registered
230 Posts
its just saying your engine is still there. mine reminds me too. :toothless

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you have checked everything else, look at your vacuum lines. I had a problem with my check engine light coming on for no apparent reason and it ended up being one of the rigid plastic vacuum lines being cracked! :thumbup

·
College User
2,018 Posts
The solution is to pull the bulb.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
That is not something i would recommend...

Sometimes the bulb is annoying, But sometimes it can give you a heads up before some serious damage is done. Its better to spend the money and have the piece of mind that your motor is in the best possible shape rather then to blow it off because its a pain in the ass.

·
Super Moderator
25,801 Posts
Its better to spend the money and have the piece of mind
I agree w/Z man.
the 96's recent CEL was caused by a bad Thermactor System's air check valve.
A CEL with no trouble code was a driver's side O2 sensor (off the manifold)... this is turning to be too common; O2 sensor lighting off the CEL, but NO TC's come up.

BTW, found this on reasons for TC"s...Codes and Possible Causes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts