Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my check engine light blinking and partially staying on while on power up hills or on the freeway (when the AOD had to downshift). Then a couple nights in a row, the damn thing died, took 5 tries to get it rolling (it would start, then die when i gave it gas). Well it went to the shop to have the codes pulled, EGR valve and sensor. :cry Due to lack of time for me, its getting done at the shop (only a bit more expensive then doing it ourselves). After its fixed the codes are going to be run again, hopefully they dont find something else:cry .
Big time bummer since i had this money saved up for a 30-06 or 7mm rifle. I guess its goin into the bronco now.

just a heads up for those with similar problems.

the good part, i got to do a little mud playin and puddle splashing around the local JC campus with some random F150 i met up there:thumbup :rockon

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Don't waste the cash on a 7mm...go to a gun show, and buy an 8mm Mauser for about 80 bucks...will outshoot a 30-06 no matter how old it is. After all, they were used as Sniper Rifles for about 50 years.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
you took it to a shop for an egr valve and sensor? it would have cost you about 75 bucks and 15 minutes off of your lunch hour to replace it.

hope that is the only problem

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imlikeojnow said:
you took it to a shop for an egr valve and sensor? it would have cost you about 75 bucks and 15 minutes off of your lunch hour to replace it.

hope that is the only problem

well [email protected]([email protected]#!#. i was priced by a local shop at 170 bucks, and told other info about install. I think im giving the wrong info on what was wrong cause thats a big price difference. I went to the shop to get the codes read. and they told me something with teh EGR and i got quoted a high price at the local shop my dad has been to for about 20 years, so maybe it was something different on there:banghead

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
well let me know. cause the EGR code is 332 on mine. it was saying the EGR valve wasnt opening. if this is the case with yours the egr valve is like 45 bucks and so is the sensor i believe. yeah you got what we like to call okie doked.

ken

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imlikeojnow said:
well let me know. cause the EGR code is 332 on mine. it was saying the EGR valve wasnt opening. if this is the case with yours the egr valve is like 45 bucks and so is the sensor i believe. yeah you got what we like to call okie doked.

ken
sounds like it. Live and learn i guess,Damn :twak :twak :twak . sounds like i gotta find a new shop, this isnt the first time they screwed me over, but my dad keeps goin back, and he gets 10 percent off, but now i see why.:toothless

and can someone link to the said EGR valves and sensors at this price, just so i have some proof.

new news. It was the egr valve went bad, and one of the sensors went bad. the shop quoted us at 118 for one of the items, and 48 or so for the other part, but my pops couldnt remember what the exact parts were. So anyone know if ii really did get ripped off or what?

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
yeah look at the zone website. hold on and i will do it for you and post it up here

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
okay maybe i was worng. the EGR valve is 71.99 and the sensor is 25.00 so still under 100 bucks. check out autozone and advance website for more info, but it is hella easy to change.

ken

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imlikeojnow said:
okay maybe i was worng. the EGR valve is 71.99 and the sensor is 25.00 so still under 100 bucks. check out autozone and advance website for more info, but it is hella easy to change.

ken

i think cause of CA admissions laws it is even more, at least thats what LMC says about the older ones (up to 86) for the 302 F engine in CA is 134.99

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DvlRacer said:
Damn you gotta pay an admission to live in CA? I'm keeping me and my harmful emmissions BKO the hell outta that state. Just playin', good luck w/ finding a shop that won't screw you.

Keith
~Houston, TX

after totalling it all up, they may not have screwed me, so its ok.

yea im not too big on CA laws or people, someday i may just leave this state. Or go north to Northern CA, its nicer up there.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks to all, lets just leave it at next time, im definatly doing it myself. I was just in a hurry to get it done this time around

So to anyone else with this problem, do what steve said, run the codes, and use the haynes. Lesson learned.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
yeah everyone here usually runs there own codes. it is cheaper

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DvlRacer said:
Damn you gotta pay an admission to live in CA? I'm keeping me and my harmful emmissions BKO the hell outta that state. Just playin', good luck w/ finding a shop that won't screw you.

Keith
~Houston, TX

haha, I just saw that. Emmisions,:duh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts