Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just a quick question. My check engine light comes on every now and then for about 5 -10 seconds. Could that be my O2 sensor? I bought it with a rebuilt motor, do you think they ever changed it? I know if the O2 sensor is bad, it will set a code but usually when an 02 goes out, does it keep the light on, or does it do what mine does? How much are they?

·
Registered
129 Posts
If I remember correctly, when it blinks at 3 second intervals while driving, you are experiencing a misfire and need to shut it down. It is supposed to come on when an error is detected in who knows how many thousands of things. If it comes on, and then turns off a few minutes later, it detected a fault and corrected itself. (I am never this lucky) If it comes on and stays on, three normal starts from cold engine to normal operating temp should turn it off. (i am never that lucky either) Other wise, get the code fix and clear it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
O2 sensors are unfortunately not all that cheap, looking at $42 - $45 dollars for the Bosch sensors.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see thats what sucks, I dont have the tool to pull the codes, (use to have access to one, so I know how to use it) but now Autozone stopped doin that for free. They told me I have to go to Ford to do that and they want $60 just to pull the codes, might as well just get the new sensor, probably need a new one anyways, my milage sucks so that could be the problem. but no, runs perfect, no misfires or anything.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a '96 that requires the OBD II code reader. $150.00 However, Ebay has the equipment. If you look, you don't have to bid and can often times "buy it now" for whatever the price is. With s&h I got mine for approx. $75.00 Good luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 91 bronco with a 351W and I am having that same problem now except that it stalls every once and a while. I replaced the EGR and still had the same problem. So I took every fricken sensor out, sprayed the connectors down with WD-40 and put them on and off(to remove corrosion in the female end) and then left them on. I havent had that problem yet, but if I do I'll post it. Personally I think it was the 02 sensor. Make sure that the negative end of the battery is disconnected before you replace the sensors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts