Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Prettier Than You
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what ya'll's thoughts were on this.

Apparently, some guy who works for Microsoft lost his job because of a picture he posted showing Mac G5's being delivered to the Microsoft campus. The logistics are in the article: http://msnbc.com/news/986750.asp?0cv=CB20

and his explanation is here: http://www.michaelhanscom.com/eclecticism/2003/10/of_blogging_and.html

The pictures is this:
with a caption reading "It looks like somebody over in Microsoft land is getting some new toys…"

He's not the first one to have been fired for things he posted on his own website either!! :shocked

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I wonder if it has something to do with a type of security breach? Maybe the general public wasn't supposed to know about those whatever-they-are being shipped anywhere :shrug

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
Microsoft got their panties in a wad, because they didn't want the world to know they were using Macs. Like they know Microsoft is not perfect and Mac has something to offer, they just don't want anybody else knowing that.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
did anyone else notice the comps tipped over and off the pallet in the truck?

oh ya, i think its a bunch of $h!t, its like the guy they fired who told the lady to return her comp after she called customer service saying it wouldnt turn on and didnt realize the POWER had to be on for the comp to turn on, i think microsoft just doesnt know how to handle situations

wes

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,866 Posts
wes, that's a BS story. MS doesn't even do thier own tech support. Infact... now they go to India.

Also... MS owns a good chunk of Apple, so there really shouldn't be a problem with folks knowing they have MACS. Infact... they better have MACS somewhere, since many of the office applications and other MS Software is made to run on them.

Don't get me wrong... I have more reason to dislike MS than anyone. They just gave my job to India after 4.5 yrs of dedicated, top notch service. :mad:

I would think the only real reason to fire this guy would have been basic security breach. MS HAS to take security VERY seriously. They already leave enough holes in thier stuff, I'm sure they don't want someone spilling out thier secrets before R&D is finished with stuff.

the ex-MS dock worker said:
It seems that my post is seen by Microsoft Security as being a security violation. The picture itself might have been permissible, but because I also mentioned that I worked at the MSCopy print shop, and which building it was in, it pushed me over the line.
Anyway... just trying to set the record straight before folks just start going off in the wrong direction. :beer
By all means... bash the piss out of Microshaft, but do it with some credit. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts