Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built this just to put a curl bar and some weights on.

Compound angles can be a bitch.
The main frame is all 1x2" 1/16" wall square tube, then a piece of 3" C-channel on the top to drop the bar in.

thats 1 7/8 OD tubing, I rounded off a cap on the end so its easier to get the weights on. kind of self centering that way. Its welded to a piece of 3/8"x2" flat bar that my car trailer donated, and then I split a piece of 2" pipe and welded it to the back just to round it off and give it a finished look.

3/4"x3/4" soild for the legs, then a piece of 1/2" plate cut to 2x2 for the feet. I rounded out the top and bottom of the foot to keep it from cutting in to the padding

pretty cool ain't it

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Racking and deracking the weights will sometimes knock them off. I guess it wouldn't be a big problem with a smaller one, just something I noticed. But that is some awesome work, wasn't trying to knock it at all.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
50Gunner said:
Racking and deracking the weights will sometimes knock them off. I guess it wouldn't be a big problem with a smaller one, just something I noticed. But that is some awesome work, wasn't trying to knock it at all.
Won't happen in a million years with this one. But I did think about putting them on at like a 5* angle, but then sometimes you need 2 hands to remove the weights because they bind up when you slide them off. I'm all about convience, so I made them level for 1 hand removel.:thumbup

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bronco Rob said:
oh good lord.......
That better not be in reference to the baby blue walls:twak
There getting painted next week. I think it used to be a baby's room because its the only gay color room there is. The carpet also stunk like baby shit when I ripped it out

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I don't use both hands to slide the weights on and off at the gym, and they're angled like 5-10 degrees. It's a good idea, but at hte same time with just YOU using this its not like high traffic will ensue causing chit to rock off of it.

So where's the squat rack and weight bench? Don't just settle for the "curls for girls" method of working out.

It looks good though, nice job. I was expecting you to use D44 axle yokes or some chit like that for the "rack" part. Ah well. Great crafting. I'd have booger welded the shit out of it.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Saurian said:
So where's the squat rack and weight bench? Don't just settle for the "curls for girls" method of working out.
Everything else I moved out side now that it quit raining. I just stuck that in there because its not painted *if it should rain* and its easy enoufgh to move around when the paint and tile gets done anyways.

Saurian said:
It looks good though, nice job. I was expecting you to use D44 axle yokes or some chit like that for the "rack" part. Ah well. Great crafting. I'd have booger welded the shit out of it.
I was going to use 2 broken axle yokes I had, just the ears were broken off so the bar fit in them perfectly. It just didn't look very good.

I made my vise stand out of axleshafts though

·
green ones make me horny
11,148 Posts
well then get your fat ass to work mike. start working out. you have no excuse now

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
If you got more than 20 engine blocks in yer back yard you might be a *******. :toothless

Nice fab work.:thumbup

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.