Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
derrick36 said:
Are you planning on doing the front also?
I would like to, but the hood would just require wwwaaayyy too much work to make it look right. I kinda want to chop the front of the hood so it sits lower and I can see over it better. I'm not sure if I'm gonna try it or not, though.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
That's pretty cool

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I like that that.
Not to rain on your parade, but wont you get tickets from the cops now.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
I would like to, but the hood would just require wwwaaayyy too much work to make it look right. I kinda want to chop the front of the hood so it sits lower and I can see over it better. I'm not sure if I'm gonna try it or not, though.
I MIGHT have a solution to that. Before my Lincoln was hauiled off, I was looking at it, and noticed the trunk has the same center ridge as the Bronco's hood, and nearly the same height at the front. Idea? You bet - use the Lincoln's trunk lid, as the Bronco's new hood. Different hinges, and something for the latch - even jeep-style (or, swipe them off your polaris snowmachine), then it'd just be a matter of cutting down the core support

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Crazed said:
Got some inside pics?

looks good :thumbup
No, I didn't take any cause it's really not picture worthy in there. With the curved wheelwells the only way to really narrow the bed and make it look good inside the bed is to move the entire wheelwell inward. Well, I couldn't do that since my radiator and battery take up all the space inbetween the wheelwells. So I just cut and moved the bedside over the wheelwell and with all the curves, angles, and dangles, nothing lines up. With some creative use of a sawzall, hammer, and welder I was able to patch it up somewhat decent and it will do, but it isn't pretty. If the body on my truck was actually nice and in good shape I would have done a better job, but with this body I really don't care as long as it holds together.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
davids78bronco said:
I MIGHT have a solution to that. Before my Lincoln was hauiled off, I was looking at it, and noticed the trunk has the same center ridge as the Bronco's hood, and nearly the same height at the front. Idea? You bet - use the Lincoln's trunk lid, as the Bronco's new hood. Different hinges, and something for the latch - even jeep-style (or, swipe them off your polaris snowmachine), then it'd just be a matter of cutting down the core support
I've kinda got a couple ideas on it, too. None that I can really explain by typing right now since I even confused myself when I tried. I'm just not sure how much time I want to spend on it since I'm planning on swapping a Ranger cab on it sometime. Though I do still have that 100% rust free '79 cab just sitting behind the shop...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That looks badass! How much did you narrow it? Looks like quite a bit.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts