·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FALKEN WILD PEAK A/T
UTQG: 500 A/B - metric sizes only

Click here for: Sizes, Specs, and Pricing on the Wild Peak A/T

Additional specs can be found HERE

Falken Tire has reinvigorated the all-performance sport utility and light truck tire market with the introduction of the new all-terrain, all-season, all-purpose WildPeak A/T. With an aggressive stance for maximum traction, the WildPeak A/T stands out from the crowd, featuring a symmetric five-rib pattern and rigid block designs allowing for exceptional on-road response and optimized off-road handling, coupled with two stiff, extra-wide steel belts for stability.

A key feature of the new WildPeak A/T is the availability of sizes for the expansive sport utility and light truck market. The tire is offered in today’s most popular original equipment sizes in metric and LT metric with choices of 15 to 20 inch wheel diameters and many plus-sized applications. In addition, four wide, aggressive multi-angled grooves allow for maximum water, mud and snow evacuation, while aggressive biting block edges provide unparalleled traction and control.

Falken brings its extensive performance advantage to the established light truck/SUV tire market through WildPeak. The benefits of this tire will quickly make it a popular choice among consumers. With a durable, rubber compound, that offers a 50,000 limited mileage warranty, the WildPeak A/T will provide its owners with a long life and a smooth ride, exceeding all driving expectations.

TECHNOLOGY

*click play button*

- SQUARE SHOULDER PROFILE, offering an aggressive stance and maximum traction

- JOINT-LESS NYLON BAND, provides first class ride comfort

- HARD BEAD APEX, provides sidewall stability

- TWO STIFF, EXTRA-WIDE STEEL BELTS, for stable on and off road handling

REVIEWS

Falken Wild Peak A/T at Tierra Del Sol (VIDEO)

MEDIA

***Please note that the 35" and 37" sizes are not yet available. Currently only 33" and below have been released. Falken is working hard on getting the 'big boys' out as soon as possible. The 35's and 37's should be released in January 2011.

If you have any questions or if you are running a set of WildPeaks, please post up :thumb: We, as well as Falken, would love to read them :nod:

-Matt

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tread pattern does look a little more aggressive on the High Country A/T when compared to the Wild Peak A/T. The sidewall on the Wild Peak however, is more aggressive. I haven't seen any reviews or comments on the High Country so I can't comment on their performance but here are a couple shots of an FJ with a new set of Wild Peaks. They look pretty sweet IMO!

·
Registered
101 Posts
New High Country All terrains, they look much more aggressive than the Wild Peaks.
I agree, Falken should have pushed more on the HC's for the off-road crowd. The "Wild" Peaks don't look very wild to me either ... Like you said, they look more like a street truck tire, by design. Unfortunately Falken doesn't even make the HC's in a 33 or 35" size ... Guess I'll have to go buy an old Toyota PU so I can run them in a 30". :toothless

BTW, do these Vicious Peaks have the snowflake designation?

Anyhow, this is only one man's opinion, and everyone has their own tastes and desires, right ....
But there is a damn good reason BFG sells a motha load of A/T's and M/T's every year. ;)

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't be fooled by the tread pattern. We wheeled with Falken earlier this year at Moab and I was blown away with the Wild Peaks performance off and on road. The sidewall could be a little more aggressive but this model still gets the job done regardless.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Don't be fooled by the tread pattern. We wheeled with Falken earlier this year at Moab and I was blown away with the Wild Peaks performance off and on road. The sidewall could be a little more aggressive but this model still gets the job done regardless.
understanding this is an AT designation, you do realize though that you could be blown away by the performance of many tires in Moab depending on conditions you saw? The slickrock there when dry would allow a nascar slick to do well.

I'd be much more impressed if you saw this tire on some Oregon trails, maybe back east, and maybe some trails here in colorado. You'd see a variety of conditions, and surely more mud, which this tire would not do well with. With a harder tread compound (50k warranty) it would also likely not grip that great under more demanding trail conditions. but, it is a mild AT for those wanting that. Just trying to keep things grounded on what to expect with this tire.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It might be a decent A/T tire, as I've never tried them ... but just based on appearances, it personifies the type of tire you'd expect to see on a Nissan Pathfinder or Toyota Tacoma, than on a moderate trail rig like a Wrangler or FJ. It may be a great tire, but something as simple as staggering the shoulder lugs would make it more aggressive and trail worthy in appearance ... and less like just another Revo, of sorts and category. Again, just an opinion ..

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
understanding this is an AT designation, you do realize though that you could be blown away by the performance of many tires in Moab depending on conditions you saw? The slickrock there when dry would allow a nascar slick to do well.

I'd be much more impressed if you saw this tire on some Oregon trails, maybe back east, and maybe some trails here in colorado. You'd see a variety of conditions, and surely more mud, which this tire would not do well with. With a harder tread compound (50k warranty) it would also likely not grip that great under more demanding trail conditions. but, it is a mild AT for those wanting that. Just trying to keep things grounded on what to expect with this tire.
You are correct about Moab. Most of the terrain there, especially the Slick Rock gives a lot of tires extra grip for almost any tire. If you or anyone else finds them selves in Mud often this may not be the tire for you, an All terrain tire in general, may not be the tire for you. Something more like the DuraTrac (more or less a hybrid AT/MT) or a full mud tire like the KM2, RT03 or the aggressive Mud Grappler would be better suited for those conditions.

Falken is just getting their hands wet in the offroad category with this tire and I have to say they have entered the category in the right way. Falken has started to take this tire through a good amount of trails this year to help us all really find out what it can do. I, like you, am interested to see some more in use footage from a larger variety of climates.

There's been a few of us here already asking Falken when they are going to put out an MT. Falken hasn't projected one just yet but they are gathering a lot of information about the offroad market, the enthusiasts that participate in it and the demands that they require. I doubt it will take too long before they start looking in that direction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts