Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know what ya think....
Both are 3/16th cut on a cnc plasma table.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,840 Posts
those are cool, but probably cost both arms and legs i would imagine?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$1500 for the bumper. $800 for the sliders.

·
Registered
808 Posts
DixieBronco said:
$1500 for the bumper. $800 for the sliders.

Ouch! and only 3/16? think that would hold up to serious abuse?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3/16" is alomst 1/4" we are building an armored vehicle. The truck that they are on is a show truck. if these were made for a rig that was gonna wheel then some stuff would be changed around. Also keep in mind there is a 3" body lift on it. This stuff was made to masked the body lift. The recovery tabs are bolted into the side of the frame and are 1/2" plate. The sliders dont even hang below the frame and they only stick out about 2" from the bottom of the door so they arent causing any clearance problems. You'll catch a control arm mount before anything. They are tucked back further then the outer most part of the body. I need to get a picture of the whole truck to put everything to scale.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
The running boards are stupid

3/16" is plenty

otherwise nice, professional fab, even if it is built around an IFS Chevy

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I would agree 3/16 is plenty. My front bumper is 3/16 laser cut and bent and i've yet to find anything to damage it.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I really don't think the front bumper fits well on that perticular veichle. I mean it looks good, but its not a good match and fit on that truck. The lines are just too different. The running boards look OK, but is a little too big. And is there a bottom and back on that? If so Its going to fill up with mud and water from the holes cut in it on the front. If not, I think it would look better without the logo on the front anyways.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Cool! I didn't know we had a fellow Bronco owner that worked for CE Offroad.

For those of y'all who don't know Mike at CE Offroad, he's an experienced professional fabricator and has competed in the Unlimited class with his tube buggy at the annual Mega Run in Gilmer, TX. I saw it up close and in action at last year's Mega Run and was really impressed with it. He's fabricated some amazing rigs for lots of clients here in TX. As for the price - you get what you pay for, and his work is top notch and well worth it.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
equin said:
Cool! I didn't know we had a fellow Bronco owner that worked for CE Offroad.

For those of y'all who don't know Mike at CE Offroad, he's an experienced professional fabricator and has competed in the Unlimited class with his tube buggy at the annual Mega Run in Gilmer, TX. I saw it up close and in action at last year's Mega Run and was really impressed with it. He's fabricated some amazing rigs for lots of clients here in TX. As for the price - you get what you pay for, and his work is top notch and well worth it.
his name is mark not mike:twak .... nice guy though

·
Registered
111 Posts
Man o'man that is a SWEET setup! Very nice! Looks like your a PRO at it!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
bigbroncojeff said:
his name is mark not mike:twak .... nice guy though
What? All this time I thought his name was Mike - :brownbag

Anyway, he makes some good stuff, and his tube buggy is pretty awesome.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I like the front bumper, though I agree with Mike2 about it not matching that particular truck. $1500 though? My truck didn't cost that much.
The running boards are not attractive to me. Of course, everybody's their own taste. Some guys like diamond plate all over their cars...to each his own. Looks like nice fab work.

·
Registered
237 Posts
who gives a **** they're on a chebby j/k but seriously i think they look ok but i like a full brush guard but i really like the side steps. 1500$ is a whole lot more than i would pay for them. you can get a sweet brush guard from cabelas for 600 tops and may as low as 399 and we all know cabelas has the ability to overprice

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
I think the bumper is pretty cool but I don't know about the brush guard. I think it would look better without it. Personally I like the sliders.

A CNC plasma sure beats cutting it out with a 4 1/2" grinder. :toothless

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
85bronc said:
badass lookin... minus the fact its built on a poor chevy :-/ lol
Awww looks like a bunch of people beat me too it... "Look really professional but they're on the wrong truck."

1 - 20 of 33 Posts