1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saab's new "Aero-X" concept car:
Official Site with 3D Model
Video From Geneva Auto Show

Edit: If you were going through a mid-life crisis would you consider this if it had 400bhp from a 3.0L twin-turbocharged v6 on an AWD platform for around $60,000? </edit>

That's one of the prettiest cars I've seen in a while. We in the Saab community are very very happy about this one right now, especially since the chief designer was the same guy who designed the PT Cruiser! Some things would have to change, like the door/roof and wheels, but for the most part, I really really really really like it!

·
Wanna see my
4,448 Posts
The wheels are ok, they could probably stay. The roof and door combo is strange. If they did the doors like on the corvette with the hidden handle then that would be sweet. But over all that car is sexy as hell.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
You may as well sell your Bronco you little SAAB fanboy :histerica

Just messing with you. That's a pretty BA concept.

·
ex N00b
137 Posts
I likey!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me pose another question to you guys... if you were going through a mid-life crisis and were looking for 400+bhp in an AWD 2-door, would you be interested?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
RAWPOWER said:
thats tight... I like the rims, they are very different. They look like turbines, probably what they were going for. Car seems to follow a jet theme... cockpit design is cool but would probably take too long to get into (for it to open) and what if you lost power to it?
Who said it was power operated, you could open a door like that manually, it would have to be really light weight, which could make that car haul with that particular engine. All in all its a cool concept

did anyone see that bronco concept :toothless

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone absolutely hate it? Just out of curiousity?

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
i like it, it most likely wont be put into production like that though.(unfortunatly) Very cool car though

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
That looks pretty cool

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Wanna see my
4,448 Posts
Ubermich said:
Let me pose another question to you guys... if you were going through a mid-life crisis and were looking for 400+bhp in an AWD 2-door, would you be interested?

No, id go out and get the 500hp 06 Z06 corvette. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
arkansawer said:
No, id go out and get the 500hp 06 Z06 corvette. :thumbup
Fair enough... but then you wouldnt' get AWD either. Fair trade though, admittedly.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
Ubermich said:
Well....i would have to look at function on top of it.

I am in Ohio, it rains and snows......for me to open the entire driver's compartment to get out, that kind of puts a damper on driving anywhere in the rain or snow.

Plus i doubt i would pay 60k just to look good. I would buy a 60k truck, one, just to have it, and two, it would have some function

I do like it though

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
redwagon said:
if you hadnt told me it was a saab i would swear it was a chrysler!

my thoughts exactly. i don't like it. i'd rather have a Z06 Vette.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
:stupid

1 - 20 of 20 Posts