Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 - up are OBD II computers. you need an OBD II code reader to get the codes. I use a $40 reader from Harbor Freight.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=46030

I love it, small for the glove box, cheap, works on all OBD II vehicles, and clears the codes when finished.

Simple to use, start vehicle - plug code reader into port under dash

Then the reader flashes the codes.

·
Super Moderator
25,755 Posts
Thanks Ryan! That is an outstanding price as compared to the others.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
But however what about ABS code readers for the 96, went to Checker once, and the rental scanner couldn't pull the ABS code.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
:shrug do you have this connector under the hood?
After scanning from the main port which is under my ashtray, I used the OBD-II connector in the kit. Then I hooked up the appropriate connector in the kit, left corner, closer to the drivers side door. The connector in the pic looks very much like that. However no idea why it wouldn't work.
Guy at Checker was dumbfounded, no idea why. Then the next time I drove up north, my freind at the tow truck garage pulled the ABS code for nothing which was the right ABS sensor giving erratic readings.

·
Registered
0 Posts
You can get the ABS codes using a paper clip and jumping the abs reader in the engine compartment. I don't know off the top of my head, but it is described in the Haynes and I have done it before. It will flash the codes without needing a scanner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts