Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 85 so no FI but i have the computer and all the crappy sensors and the darn thing is running/jumping once and awhile..can i use fireguy's site with info on the FI's to pull the codes or are my codes totally diff...thanks for the help :brownbag

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,871 Posts
DAMN! :wtf Don't respond in a few hours and you kick me in the nutz? :twak

I say try it. You'll have to ge tsome kind of code reader of hook up a light under the dash. The dash doesn't have a check engine light to count flashes. If it flashes, write it down and check my site. If it doesn't flash, your SOL.
Early computers didn't have a memory to save codes, it boils down to how old your computer is. If the codes don't make sense on my site. Then we'll have to find non-EFI codes somewhere

As always, try it, you don't need me to hold your hand. Just stop kicking me in the nutz!

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't worry i will keep kicking...I think the emission slight might work as that but when i get home i will try and do some reading..

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,871 Posts
no emmisions light is hooked up to the inferred millage sensor.
Makes you go to the dealer everys so many miles

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahah...go to the dealer yea right..it will get disconnect before that...of course the puter will be unplugged any way when the 351 goes in...i have that prob though on my mums 87 the supid light stays on...

oh i am kinda delayed right now on this chekcing since my distributor cap decided to self destruct going down the highway and also broke the bolt holes that hold the cap down...so right now it is zip tied...;)

edit: hey if i have to stop kicking do i get to hold your nutz instead of your hand :shrug

j/k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts