Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 S10 4.3 auto on column. Brother in laws truck. brought it over for a couple hours and everything was fine. He parked it for a couple hours and went to start it and got nothing. No clicks, no turning over no nothing. I replaced the lock cylinder in the column and the ignithion switch mounted under the dash to the column and still nothing. Another thing is when I try starting it the digital guages go off until I release the key. Any ideas?:doh0715:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Gauges going out looks like very very little juice left in the battery, so little that when you hit the starter just the relay engaging draws every available amp of current. Did you test the battery before you start messing with the ignition switch and all? Swap out the battery with a known good one (such as that from your truck, or your wife's vehicle), and try it again. It may also be the alternator going bad and producing barely enough current to keep the truck alive, but not nearly enough to charge the battery.

·
BurnedB's competition.
2,038 Posts

The problem

Check if there is a starter relay, my dodge doesn't click either.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brand new battery and cables. THe dash light thing never happened until it stopped running. My brother was messing with the steering column under the dash I tried starting it and it fired. He has no idea what he touched...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts