Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Chevy has a passenger side drop, which I believe entails a different t-case, correct? What other nightmarish factors would have to be addressed? Expand my limited knowledge of Chevy D60's. Do they come in the coveted high pinion, reverse rotation, kingpin style? Again, pardon my ignorance.

Thanks again,

Mike

·
Registered
329 Posts
You know you could have done a search. Here are some add on parts you could add. Here is a monster info page(S) on dana 60's and some 70's.

They are: low pinion, std roation passengerside, kingpins.
ORD offersa ford 203 to chevy 205 t-case doubler which ,ay be pricey.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
pick it up, sell it to some chev guy who keeps blowin ten bolts on their blazer, and use the funds to find a nice ford 60.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Yep, it's totally worth it 'cause you could probably trade it straight across for a Ford 60. Chevy knuckles are stronger :D Keep the knuckles out and put it on a Ford 60

I think retro-fitting a pass side drop t-case would blow any savings in the free 60 itself. One issue that comes to mind right away is exhaust clearance. Not sure what else might fight you, I'd have to go roll around under the truck and think about it.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
makemeknowit said:
Sounds like I'll pass on this one :(
Pass on the free D60 or the conversion? If it is really free then accept it and sell it to fund what you need.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Take the 60 if it is really free!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
If you have the right Bronco this isn't all that bad. Something I've thought about since I think I do have right Bronco.

79 with a 400 / C6 and 203.

ORD's doubler adapter will bolt a Ford 203 reduction case to a GM 205. The GM 205 can be aquired for cheap. Then you have the output covered. Leaf spring or use the radius arms, which ever floats your boat. Exhaust and crossmembers wouldn't seem to be that big a deal. You have a King Pin GM D60 slap on High Steer arms and do full hydro steering. Rear end of your choice.

If I ever went this route and an engine went belly up I know I'd drop in a GM crate motor because with the amount of money I spent on my 5.0 build I could could have had twice the motor in a Blazer for the same money. TH400 to that and my Ford 203 will still bolt up to the GM tranny with the proper output shaft on the tranny.

Just some thoughts.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Ford mounted the engine / transmission 4-6 inches off set to the passanger side. Just so it could run the front Diff on the drivers side. So you've got a lot of work, but take it and sell it :thumbup

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
makemeknowit said:
Dude, I really don't understand your replies sometimes :confused:
i smell BS.'
about 5 people have told you how much it is worth, you say its free, and you dont want it? you are odd....

or you can just PM me the info on it, and ill drive down there an pick up the axle or truck and make $$ off of it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I said free, I didn't say free of stipulations, I simply meant no money changing hands. There are reasons I won't go into as to why I don't want to adhere to stipulations.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts