Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Chevy test course, test funded by Chevy...

No predetermined bias detected at all.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
my buddy had a 77 ish chevy, that thing twisted so much the cab and bed would hit each other.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Uhaul uses both the silverado and f150 in their rental fleet, the silverados have a lot more issues as far as doors won't close, doors rattle etc. etc. which if I'm correct is a direct result of excessive frame flex.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Chevy test course, test funded by Chevy...

No predetermined bias detected at all.
Rex said it first. Chevy test - Chevy wins. :rofl:

Case in point: Ford test - Ford wins:

_

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
Really they all are not built like they used to be, I had an 80 Chevy 3/4 ton and used to tow an enclosed car hauler with it. I ran across a scale at 38000 LBS coming from Carlisle PA to Chicago NP, only fuel stops. I put over a million miles on ( literally, the speedo broke at 900000) it with a 500 HP SB in it towing through mountains all day long with a T400 trans. Basic dependable shit is all. Try that with a new Chevy Silverado and it would be used up in a few months. We still have a 44 Ford dump truck still going after moving from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut,Tennessee and now Chicago. The truck was used for hauling duties till 2005 then was parked, I cannot tell you how many miles are on it but my dad swears it has been turned over at least 8 times on the original drive train with a clutch and some engine work in between. The front King pins were nearly worn through in the end and we had to swap a new front axle from a parts truck. I have JD and Ford tractors that have never been apart since the 1940s with 10s of thousands of hours on them, if you change the oil they keep going. Problem today is you pay 90,000 for a pickup and it is a pop can on wheels that is why a nice older Ford diesel with an IH engine goes for twice what you paid for it now.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Really they all are not built like they used to be, I had an 80 Chevy 3/4 ton and used to tow an enclosed car hauler with it. I ran across a scale at 38000 LBS coming from Carlisle PA to Chicago NP, only fuel stops. I put over a million miles on ( literally, the speedo broke at 900000) it with a 500 HP SB in it towing through mountains all day long with a T400 trans. Basic dependable shit is all. Try that with a new Chevy Silverado and it would be used up in a few months. We still have a 44 Ford dump truck still going after moving from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut,Tennessee and now Chicago. The truck was used for hauling duties till 2005 then was parked, I cannot tell you how many miles are on it but my dad swears it has been turned over at least 8 times on the original drive train with a clutch and some engine work in between. The front King pins were nearly worn through in the end and we had to swap a new front axle from a parts truck. I have JD and Ford tractors that have never been apart since the 1940s with 10s of thousands of hours on them, if you change the oil they keep going. Problem today is you pay 90,000 for a pickup and it is a pop can on wheels that is why a nice older Ford diesel with an IH engine goes for twice what you paid for it now.
Amen to this!! New things are no good. My Bronco is the NEWEST vehicle I will ever drive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts