Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chinese people love to experiment and the latest craze that is sweeping the nation, is that of turning dogs into tigers and pandas with the help of a good multicolored dye job.

The Chinese people also love to splurge on their pets, and they take them to the mushrooming grooming parlors not only for shampooing and trimming, but for multicolored dye jobs as well.

The Chow Chows variety of dogs are dyed to turn them into pandas, as their body structure is very similar to the pandas. Both the chow chows and the pandas have a round face and very healthy bodies. They just need a good dye job done at a grooming parlor to resemble a panda. The dye job is said to last for just 3 months, and is reported to cost around 300RMB.

The Pomeranian variety of dogs is small and bushy so they are given a nice dye job, in order to turn them into squirrels.

According to the Daily Mail, “The Chinese are always quick to embrace bizarre trends, and it is not unusual for owners to take their dogs to grooming parlors where they are not only given a shampoo and trim, but a multi-colored dye job as well.”

WTH?!
My ex had a Pomeranian- I hated that little shit and wanted to punt it everytime I saw it. I think I could put up with it for a little while if it looked like a squirrel:rofl:

All the panda - none of the 'chewing of your face'

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
oh god.. I wonder how long it'll be before Paris Hilton has a panda dog.

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
I actually think that's kinda cool. I did one of my dogs up as a zombie last Halloween...

·
OMG its almost a
1,367 Posts
My ex had a Pomeranian- I hated that little shit and wanted to punt it everytime I saw it. I think I could put up with it for a little while if it looked like a squirrel:rofl:

All the panda - none of the 'chewing of your face'
Why is he walking with and tickling his dinner? :scratchhe:shrug:brownbag

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,518 Posts
And there's me thinking the chinese only turned their dogs into sweet'n'sour.:histerica
Ah, yes. The fine Chinese cookbook, "101 Ways To Wok Your Dog" comes to mind.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
SO does it make them taste any better? I actually kinda feel sorry for the dog. It has a look on its face that just screams "Please Kill Me. Put me out of my misery. All the other dogs are laughing at me."

·
Chicks dig my
1,423 Posts
I heard about this on Bob n Tom yesterday. WTF is wrong with these people? Its a dang dog . . pet it, feed it, clean up its crap. . . not play freaking dress up with it!!

·
One Cold North Dakotan
3,150 Posts
I think it's at least somewhat cool. The dog probably doesn't care and more than likely enjoys all the extra attention from owners and randoms.

P.S. I'm super stoked that China wasn't experimenting with genetically engineering a tiger dog. I feared the worst when I read the thread title.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts