Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a brand new carb on my truck. It is a 1986 with the inline six and one barrel carb. When the vehicle is cold it starts fine since the choke is closed. After being parked for less than ten minutes or so the choke re-closes. Therefore, I cannot start the vehicle without manually opening the choke and spraying carb cleaner down it. My choke is the hot air type with electric assist. I checked the electric circuit and measured 7.20V at idle. I don't know where this line is coming from or if that level is correct. I imagine the choke is closing way too fast and I don't know why. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JW :banghead

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
first of get some specs for the carb like choke pull off and set it...also make sure the metal ring that goes around the choke housing and makes contact with the carb is real clean so it gets a good ground and yes i know you said it is a new carb...also make sure you have the choke pull off plugged into the proper vaccum port..i think it should be manifold vaccum but i would have to check on mine.... :thumbup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts