Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,013 Posts
here's what i did with the extra top i bought for $40... not totally done yet...needs some fiberglass resin along some seams and some paint... i'm thinkin tan but might do blue to match the body... i love runnin topless but when drivng away from the sun going down the beach or wherever can suck at times ...but i sure dont want a full top on ... so i'm compromising

+++ it weighs less so i can remove by myself.... thinking about making some tinted plexiglass windows for the side that snap in with snaps or who knows.... will definately have some sort of tarp/toneau system to cover the cargo... maybe a bulkhead since the back window can still slide in the top....... not sure yet... this is not replacing my hard top full time (still have origional one whole in the garage) it's just an alternative to full topless

so what do you guys think ... ugly as hell? ... prequel to the avalanche?? ...cool?? just wondering... looks kinda funny to me still ...but it does what i want... kind of a form follows function kinda thing

wow just realized all my body damage :duh

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
me likey muchly!

·
Registered
952 Posts
i like it. how hard is that fiber glass to cut and what tool(s) did you use to cut it ?

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Jeff, as I sit pondering....what about getting an old tailgate, with motor and glass etc, and putting it in just behind the rear seat? that way you could close it up in bad weather or let it down when just riding......just a thought

·
Professional Crastinator
662 Posts
GHOSTRIDER said:
Jeff, as I sit pondering....what about getting an old tailgate, with motor and glass etc, and putting it in just behind the rear seat? that way you could close it up in bad weather or let it down when just riding......just a thought

if you do that, then just chop the excess off, and make it a "mini" bronco.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
very nice. i wanted to cut the center out of the spare one i got in the back yard & have a sliding cloth center cover that would accordian up so it can open & close. but i still feel it covers too much of my rear vision

·
Professional Crastinator
662 Posts
Juice said:
i wont build one
then you aint gettin one.

it actually could be a pretty cool idea. like the avalenche i believe it is (but better) how you can covered seating for everyone, but still have a place you can haul dirt/ put large oversized items. may look kindof odd to the average person. but so do most things.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
that's a cool idea.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I like it. Plus, it's different so you get cool points for that regardless of whether people think it looks good. :thumbup

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Pretty damned cool

opens up a host of possibilities. Picking up on Ghostrider's idea I was just in my buddy's Sport Trac tonight and it has a retractable rear window and power sunroof. You get a real turbo wind rush with both down.

I'm picturing a permanent welded wall behind the driver's seat (like a later El Camino) made to house a retractable Bronco rear window(or at least a glued in piece of glass).

The wedge shape behind the rear seat could house some serious boxed in woofers too.

Finally we could gut the rear tailgate and do things with it. Recess a compartment in there for a hi-lift jack. Recess the outside of the tailgate skin to french in a recessed license plate holder or a recessed stepped area for jerry cans, etc

Likin' it, good work Jeff

Sixlitre

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
:beer Nice work.........

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Put some plexiglass in the side windows, and a custom made tonnau (Sp?) cover on the back half thats exposed... that would be awesome! Maybe figure some way to put some plexie in place of the back glass, and you could run the A/C and all too!

I like it myself...

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
lightnin said:
You did good work. I just don't like the look of it.
:stupid

1 - 20 of 53 Posts