Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody seen anyone chop off the cab roof and make it removeable? Adding a roll cage of course.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Same idea I have for Kris' Bronco, hopefully this summer. Here's a picture of an 80-86 white Bronco on a trailer, that's topless and doorless.

Have you thought about about how you're going to seal it, and latch it? My first thought was, to get all the parts for a 67-75 blazer, but I think those use wing nuts... I want cam latches

·
Banned
470 Posts
Why not just get a 1969-75 blazer or jimmy? It's already done for you.

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
metalhead said:
Why not just get a 1969-75 blazer or jimmy? It's already done for you.
Blasphemy!

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
That's the same kind of question you ask, when people ask about adding a bulkhead behind their front seats - several people tell them to just buy a pickup - I've done it in the past, myself. So what that it's been done, just because it might not be anything you'd do to your own vehicle, doesn't mean it's a bad idea for someone else

I, for one, am insterested in being kept posted about aikidoka's ideas and progress about it. Still being unclear about how to seal it at the cab, I'm thinking about ordering an LMC catalog, for the Blazers, and seeing if they sell any of the parts I'd need

·
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an old 85 and am slowly thinking about a buggy setup that is still street legal. That way I can drive it around and people can go "What the hell was he thinking?" :rockon

·
0 Posts
why not buy a softop for a scout or early blazer? Keep the rain out.

·
0 Posts
BS, this one is plenty wide enough. There a lots to choose from on STC's site,

·
Registered
893 Posts
that guy need to finish his rollcage, u'd die if you rolled it like that. :wacko

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
My blazer's interior was 4" more narrow than my Bronco's interior. That was measuring across the headliner, to the trim, above the doors... I doubt a full soft top would fit. I'm not saying it won't, but I have my doubts

·
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bet I could get some helpful info from some early bronco peeps. Lots of people seem to fabricate soft tops to avoid removing and installing their hard top. If I could up with some good info I will pass it on.

·
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts