Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bitchin.
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this morning, we thought it would be a good idea to show my aunt nancy some of the trails here in AZ, and since we didn't have anyone else wheeling with us, box canyon was a suitable place to go. the group consisted of my Dad and his 4 door, long bed F-350 and myself in the bronco. for the first time i got to put my truck through a tougher line to see how it handled with everything i've done over the past year, and i was pleasantly suprised with it. anyhow, here's the pics...:thumbup

My dad's rig... friggin' huge, but its locked up in the rear and l/s in the front, so its good to go.

it had been a while since the old man had spotted anyone, so he put me in a bad line off the start, lol.

all it took was one mess up, and he was back in the groove.

and out i go...

then we took a break for some sloppy joes and some water.

after the break, my aunt nancy wanted to know how some of the other trails in the area were like, because i told her about the harder ones that forked off of the box canyon loop. so, i showed her what the other trails were like :toothless

(dont worry, the bush was dead, so i didn't feel bad running it over)

she got scared here, so i didn't climb all the way up the rock :rofl:

and that concludes a fine day of wheeling with the family. merry christmas everyone! :thumbup

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun. I guess you arent going to have a white christmas either

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
Nice pics, except for the water part, sounds like a good day.
For future reference, us leg humpers want to see close up pics of the chics. :thumbup

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Looks like fun. I've always wanted one of those bodystyle 4 dr 350's. I don't think id have the balls to wheel it thou. How much lift and waht size Irock's do you have on your bronco? It looks pretty sweet

·
She knws my tractors sexy
1,702 Posts
Nice pics, looks like a good day, i wish my family was into outtings like that. Merry Christmas

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
colinlesser said:
look at the frame on that truck flex!
my 2wd supercab longbed looks worse than that when i have the goosene3ck hooked up, fully loaded and crossing uneven terrain, its kinda scary.

·
Registered
952 Posts
nice pics! great looking truck dude.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
colinlesser said:
look at the frame on that truck flex!
If you think that is a lot you need to get out more. I wish that's all my truck had.:banghead

7th pic down is a sweet shot.:thumbup Bronco looks good as always.

·
Bitchin.
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the comments guys. it was a great day, and i MADE SURE to leave pics of the women in my family out for that exact reason...:toothless

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
very cool. And yea, those trucks are HUGE, my dad has the same thing, but 2wd and a dually. and MAN its a honker.

·
Bitchin.
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry, didn't notice the question before. im running 36 13.50 iroks, but they are on an 8" rim, so they look way narrow. the lift is around 9 inches total, so i'm up there a ways.... i just noticed you can finally tell the truck is orange in pics! the pearlescent detail really shows through between the last two pics....

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Thats your aunt in the passenger seat? looks hot from 25 feet :thumbup

haha, someone had to say it :goodfinge

·
Bitchin.
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dustin said:
damn your bronco is tall!
honestly, i thought i would be worried about the high center of gravity after the sas and larger tire combo. then i realized it let the suspension flex just the right amount, keeping the tires just under a half inch from touching the inner fender well and and inch away from the upper part of the fender. so no trimming involved, and all the flex i need for what i want to do. it also let me run a larger shock, a 14" shock, letting me stuff the front a lot farther than i originally planned. i dont even need bump stops, because the coils will max out before anything else. (i do plan on setting up bump stops a half inch before that point, so as to avoid hard bottoming and damage.) i did find that i need to notch the driver side of my engine xmember, because the axle differential bottoms out when i cruise through washes at a reasonable pace.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts