Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your alarm goes off, you hit the snooze and sleep for another 10 minutes.

He stays up for days on end.

You take a warm shower to help you wake up.

He goes days or weeks without running water.

You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.

He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own government and remembers why he is fighting.

You complain of a "headache", and call in sick.

He gets shot at, as others are hit, and keeps moving forward.

You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet up with your friends.

HE still fights for YOUR right to wear that shirt.

You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket.

He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.

You talk trash on your "buddies" that aren't with you.

He knows he may not see some of his buddies again.

You don't feel like helping out your dad today, so you don't.

He does what he is told.

You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.

He walks the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.

You complain about how hot it is.

He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.

You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.

He does not get to eat today.

Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes, or you don't make your bed at all.

He wears the same things for months, but makes sure his weapons are clean.

You go to the mall and get your hair redone.

He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.

You are angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.

He is told he will be held an extra 2 months.

You call your girlfriend and set a date for that night.

He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.

You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.

He holds his letter close and smells his Love's perfume.

You ditch class to go to a movie.

He goes where he is told.

You roll your eyes as a baby cries.

He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if they'll ever meet.

You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of the men like him.

He hears the gun fire and bombs.

You see only what the media wants you to see.

He sees the bodies lying around him.

You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.

He does what he is told.

You stay at home and watch TV.

He takes whatever time he is given to call and write home, sleep, and eat.

You crawl into your bed, with down pillows, and try to get comfortable.

He crawls under a tank for shade and a 5 minute nap, only to be woken by gun fire.

You sit there and judge him, saying the world is a worse place because of men like him.

IF THEIR WERE ONLY MORE MEN AND WOMEN WHO VOLUNTEER THEIR TIME LIKE THEM!

OUR HUSBANDS/WIVES, SONS/DAUGHTERS, COUSINS, FRIENDS ARE OUT THERE FIGHTING AND RISKING THEIR LIVES FOR US!! PLEASE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

*sent to me from another army wife*

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Yeah military is great till it comes time to pay the piper (war), then all the crap you signed up for comes to light-you didnt think the government would train, house, employ, provide health care all for nothing did you? They always get a return on their investments...

·
Registered
858 Posts
both my roommate and me thought the same he is in the army and totally agrees and tells stories of those exact things. thanks to men like your husband we can sit here and bullsh!t about our next wheelin trip

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,529 Posts
In your comparison the "you" person is a pretty worthless POS.
It's a damn shame that seems to be the "military" perception of everyone else.

Thank your husband for those of us on the "other" side.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Military life is a choice. He signed up for it. He knew the chances. The people who do not spend time in the military also do so by choice. Does not make them slackers. Luckily, in this country we have a choice. No this is not from a civilian (you make it sound like something bad) I served my time. 20 years 29 days. I am damn proud of him/her for what he/she does. I also do not think it gives me the right to berate the people who stay here, go to work every day, work hard long hours, and get no recognition for it. These are also the people who make this country strong and free. The military is there to preserve these rights. So they to have the ability to come home and live the same life we have here.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
A re-post, but...
It's the soldier, not the reporter,
that gives you freedom of the press.

It's the soldier, not the poet,
that gives you freedom of speech.

It's the soldier, not the campus organizer,
who allows you to demonstrate.

It's the soldier who salutes the flag,
serves the flag,
whose coffin is draped with the flag
that allows the protester to burn the flag.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
willjones4 said:
Yeah military is great till it comes time to pay the piper (war), then all the crap you signed up for comes to light-you didnt think the government would train, house, employ, provide health care all for nothing did you? They always get a return on their investments...
I dont agree with this at all. I enlisted at the tail end of the Gulf War, and I have deployed or been a part of a majoruty of the conflicts that we have been in since then. When I came in it was to go to defend the country, not for college, not for a steady job, not to get out of my home town, hell i could be making alot more then i am now. When its time to pay the pipwer as you say, a whole shit load of men and women my brothers and sisters at arms, get up pack and get on a plane leaving there families behind for god knows how long and going god knows where, and doing god knows what.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
borgker said:
Military life is a choice. He signed up for it. He knew the chances. The people who do not spend time in the military also do so by choice. Does not make them slackers. Luckily, in this country we have a choice. No this is not from a civilian (you make it sound like something bad) I served my time. 20 years 29 days. I am damn proud of him/her for what he/she does. I also do not think it gives me the right to berate the people who stay here, go to work every day, work hard long hours, and get no recognition for it. These are also the people who make this country strong and free. The military is there to preserve these rights. So they to have the ability to come home and live the same life we have here.
yep.... exactly what i was thinking

·
Registered
111 Posts
How true! A THANKS for all the soldiers out there defending us!

My little 5 year old soldier in training, and yes she DOES shoot the .223!

Cheers to you and yours!:beer

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Retired Infantry here, Horah! Ive felt those pains in the past, thanx for the post!

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Yeah sometimes you make it sound like its bad to be a civilian. Well some of us cant go for medical reasons. I would more than likely be in right now if it wasnt for a life long medical reason. I was wanting to go in as a firefighter for the navy or air force. But its hard to get anyone to take you when your right leg is an inch shorter than the left and you practically dont have a right hip joint.

Sorry to say this armywife, but if you think being a civilian should be looked down upon because we dont serve, well then get your ass out there and sign up and go serve yourself.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
armywifey4life said:
*sent to me from another army wife*

read that. not stepping on toes here people. thought it was interesting and i knew we had alot of military/ supporters here.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Funny how those who are getting butt hurt over that completely missed the point, purpose, and intent of that post.

Most "civilians", at one point or another, have had doubts about the war, or talked bad about the people involved in the war... from troops, through the chain of command, up to the President himself. I don't agree with everything that's going on over there, and I think that it could have been handled a bit differently. But I'm also glad that someone is trying to help people who would not have a fighting chance to enjoy their basic rights as human beings. Granted I can't go over and fight for numerous reasons... but given the chance, I would gladly trade places with any of the soldiers over there. But life worked out a bit different... and I'm stationed in Montana doing maintenance on ICBM warheads.

This post wasn't meant to point a finger at every civilian, just those who constantly protest the war efforts, and comment on the Pres for doing what they think is wrong, by putting troops in harms way for the sake of helping someone. Yes it is true that it is everyone's choice to join or not, and those that joined knew that they may be called on to fulfill their end of the bargain. Maybe those of you who were butt hurt over this got that way because of that little feeling of guilt that crept up as you read some of those points. I know I take some of those for granted myself.

Besides... In case some of you didn't notice... armywifey4life is a CIVILIAN!!! Making my point about the target of her post isn't all civilians, just those who find it necessary to criticize the government for friends and family who are over there fighting. Good lord people... grow up a bit. :twak

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Screamin_Demon said:
Besides... In case some of you didn't notice... armywifey4life is a CIVILIAN!!! Making my point about the target of her post isn't all civilians, just those who find it necessary to criticize the government for friends and family who are over there fighting. Good lord people... grow up a bit. :twak

your right i am a civilain. have been my whole life. been around the service my whole life as well. i fell for a civilian and i married a civilian who joined so he could provide for our daughter and I. weather i agree with what is going on in this world right now i have to keep my opions to myself. you know how badly that sucks? do i want my husband home? more than anything. do i want him out of the service? more than anything. i get critized for supporting our troops and i get critized for saying i what i think about our govt. and the war at hand. would i ever join the service? HECK NO. i dont have the balls to join the service.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
armywifey4life said:
your right i am a civilain. have been my whole life. been around the service my whole life as well. i fell for a civilian and i married a civilian who joined so he could provide for our daughter and I. weather i agree with what is going on in this world right now i have to keep my opions to myself. you know how badly that sucks? do i want my husband home? more than anything. do i want him out of the service? more than anything. i get critized for supporting our troops and i get critized for saying i what i think about our govt. and the war at hand. would i ever join the service? HECK NO. i dont have the balls to join the service.

Wrong again. you are a military spouse, although you are not in the desert fighting that doesnt make you any less of a soldier. you have to keep the home fires burning alone. you have to be mommy and daddy to your little girl. as a militaryt spouse you are not a civilian by any sense of the word

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, being a military spouse is a hell of a job. A position I do not envy on anyone, but why does everyone make the work civilian sound like such a bad thing?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Civilian for tax purposes, and by law since she's not active duty. More like a civilian with benefits.

Civilian isn't a "bad" word. Hell, I can't wait to be a civilian again once i've done my time. Nothing like being able to quit a job and find another one at your own free will. If I thought it was worth it... I'd cross train and do something else. But I have another year before then, and I don't feel like going through training again. At that point I'd only have 3 years left anyway.

And armywifey4life... I couldn't really tell if you were taking what you quoted from me in a bad way. It wasn't meant like that. Just pointing out to those who are bashing you that you wouldn't be saying bad things about ALL civilians since you are "techniquely" one as well.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just to let everyone know I am in the AF and we deploy everyday with civilians. They have to put up with the same bs we do. Most of them are prior mil so I guess for the majority they are prepared. Of those that are not prior mil we dont hear any lip because they have to wear a flak vest or done their mask.

And while I am away deployed for 4 months or more my wife is taking care of things and I believe she is part of the mil by choice because she married me. James

1 - 20 of 25 Posts