Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed this thingie on my and other Bronco's, It is a piece of steel that clamps to the passenger side tie rod right by the tie rod end, The first person who gets it right PROVING it with a pic gets a new FSB coffee mug !

·
not banned
5,979 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I got a thingie,too.As soon as my GF gets home with the camera I'll be back for the mug.

EDIT,just reread OP,don't know what it's called.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmmm, a fat hook.. i dont know if i would call it that. and calling it a thingie/ piece of steel is all my education will allow.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,582 Posts
thingy is the technical term for that....:toothless

·
Premium Member
489 Posts

That thing that's all bent up?

Don't know what it's for, though. When I move mine all it does is oscillate the ball joints on the steering linkage.

???

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
That's the tie rod adjuster

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ocillate the ball joints on... wtf ? its just along for the ride- but yeah its the thing thats all bent up in the one pic... ToddACimer, What does it do, it just sits there.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
ocillate the ball joints on... wtf ?
Okay, I was talking about all the tie rod ends. :whiteflag All I have ever done with that thing is rotate it front to back to make sure my tie rod ends move smoothly. I don't think it serves any "real" purpose, but it could I guess?

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that thingie right next to the adjusting sleeve that clamps to the drag link in 95f150's pic.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ford put it there for a reason and they made alot of them too. i was just wondering what it was there for... the roadkill is a pretty good reason, and come to think of it, i have used it too oscillate the balljoints too.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im kinda wondering if the assembly line used them for finding a focal point when setting up the front ends, but they could have saved alot of money by using a temporary clamp on one, and used it over and over.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts