Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
89 Problems
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
projected price per month for progressive liability-only insurance = $130.00

taylor classic auto insurance projected price per year= $39.00

of course, the insurance strictly covers you if you only show it in shows and parades.... ;)

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
And with all that money you saved, you wont have any problem paying off the lawsuit you end up with when you get in an accident.

·
89 Problems
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
parent's idea..... their lawsuit :brownbag

·
BurnedB's competition.
2,039 Posts
haha, some guys have all the luck(or '85 broncos). Are we turning into match.com or something? Troll?
I bet its a girlfriend (or Boyfriend? :histerica)

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
parent's idea..... their lawsuit :brownbag
Actually not. Doesn't matter whose idea it is. If you are over the age of 18 and since it indicates you are a college student I am assuming you are over 18, if you got into an accident and intentionally under insured your car you are liable not your parents. Also, you need to check the laws in your state. Most have laws that specifically prescribe what is necessary from an insurance perspective in order to legally drive your car on the street.

the insurance you talk about is not going to allow you to legally drive your vehicle except in shows and parades, so if you get into an accident you better hope it is a day where there is a show or parade going on.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Actually not. Doesn't matter whose idea it is. If you are over the age of 18 and since it indicates you are a college student I am assuming you are over 18, if you got into an accident and intentionally under insured your car you are liable not your parents. Also, you need to check the laws in your state. Most have laws that specifically prescribe what is necessary from an insurance perspective in order to legally drive your car on the street.

the insurance you talk about is not going to allow you to legally drive your vehicle except in shows and parades, so if you get into an accident you better hope it is a day where there is a show or parade going on.
are you 18? pretty sure its your lawsuit
Depends on whose insurance plan it's actually under, who is liable, ultimately. Full coverage on my brand new '08 Fusion is only ~600/yr, so I'm assuming his liability coverage was under him only. I'm not an old fart by any means (21), but I do have quite a few discounts...

On my '75 vette I had some "low mileage" type insurance allowing only ~3k mi/yr. It was much cheaper, and still full coverage. You might go that route...?

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
7,001 Posts
I got the classic tags and insurance on the '84 Lariat at first to exempt me from emissions testing, but it's such a good deal money wise, all the older nice qualifying trucks in the fleet have it too. Still full coverage, collision, comp, theft, fire, ext, but limited to 5000miles per year.

Plus I like the clean look of the classic tags too.

Adrianspeeder

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Right now since I'm not driving my bronco for a while i got disabled vehicle insurance or something like that basically it doesn't allow me to drive it but it covers it if anything happens in the driveway...Cost me $10 a month...

I also just switched to classic registration. Which I'm not sure on what my insurance will come down to but i was talking to my insurance agent the other day and she said it should be around $200 - $300 a year...

·
89 Problems
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, so i can still find classic insurance for her as long as i don't drive her much. totally plausible, because it basically only gets driven to the trails, on the trails, and back. i'll look into that!

·
yes
1,769 Posts
ok, so i can still find classic insurance for her as long as i don't drive her much. totally plausible, because it basically only gets driven to the trails, on the trails, and back. i'll look into that!
If your going to legal trails. and even then its a gray area with the insurance. My agent told me that I'm not really covered for stuff such as that but she will cover it any ways since my WHOLE family has insurance through her (actually her husband up until 4 years ago when he passed away) for 30-40 some odd years.

Be sure to get full details of your coverage before you go with it.

·
89 Problems
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i def dont expect to be covered while on the trails, but it's the legal bit about being on the road and having insurance that i need. i could care less about offroad.

·
89 Problems
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh really? so they won't cover you if you're heading to a trail even if you're on-road? that's weird... man, wheeling a rig really makes insurance complicated.

·
yes
1,769 Posts
oh really? so they won't cover you if you're heading to a trail even if you're on-road? that's weird... man, wheeling a rig really makes insurance complicated.
Like i said its a gray area.

Classic insurance and registration is basically meant for people who drive their cars to car shows. or "special events" or something like that which is where it gets gray. oh and also im allowed to drive to gas/service stations...

This is all going by what my insurance agent told me...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Classic car insurance for $39.00 a year sounds like you better NOT EVER drive it on the road. People always try to beat the system, but just remember that the insurance company, no matter what company, has the right to refuse paying you or covering you. Example, if the car/truck is insured under your parents and your not listed on the policy, but living with them and you drive there car/truck and crash. The company can and probably will refuse to pay and hold you and or your parents responsible for any damage to anyone or property. Also, this is America and anyone can sue you for any reason, so don't crash.

·
89 Problems
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hahaha man you can get GAS? dangggg.:doh0715: just messin' with you man. the grey area is.... well.... incredibly grey. i'll talk to the insurance about what i'll have to get to go to trails. it's good to know to read the fine print!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts