Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been putting a lot of money into restoring/repairing my Bronco lately. I'd like to insure it for what it is worth now. Does anyone have any recommendations for good classic car insurance companies. I've received a quote from Hagerty but was wondering if there are any other good companies.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,358 Posts
I am a State Farm customer and I have a policy for a collector vehicle. It is called a declared value policy. I asked for a value of 22,000 and they valued my truck at 17k. This is a much better value than what I would get from a regular insurance policy. One thing I did to get this value was to show all of my receipts of upgrades, repairs and improvements.

If I had a regular policy I would assume my truck would be totaled out for a value of 5k or less. Now I know I will get at least 17k for all of my troubles and money spent.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,718 Posts
Also a good idea to get an apprasial done, with any insurance company. This will just be extra in your favor if a situation comes up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch. I need to set something up pretty fast. My son and I don't drive it much but when we do I feel like I'm hanging quite a bit of money out there.

·
Registered
9,554 Posts
I am a State Farm customer and I have a policy for a collector vehicle. It is called a declared value policy. I asked for a value of 22,000 and they valued my truck at 17k. This is a much better value than what I would get from a regular insurance policy. One thing I did to get this value was to show all of my receipts of upgrades, repairs and improvements.

If I had a regular policy I would assume my truck would be totaled out for a value of 5k or less. Now I know I will get at least 17k for all of my troubles and money spent.
The Hartford tried to total mine out for 4200. Trouble is they weren't my insurance company, they were the at fault party's insurance. Assholes.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,358 Posts
The way it was explained to me was if the at fault driver's insurance company wants to total my truck out for a low amount, I could make the claim to my insurance company and take the $1000 deductible hit, but my insurance company would total the truck out at my declared value. My insurance company would then sue the at fault drivers insurance company to get their money back from them. 16k is a much better deal even though I have to lose out my deductible.

·
Registered
9,554 Posts
I wasn't given the option as I don't have collision. The big problem with totaling out a vehicle is that it will have a salvage title, and getting insurance coverage on a rebuilt title can be a hassle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts