Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in uncluttering and cleaning up the engine bay on my bronco in the near future as a little project. Hiding and re routing wires and other tubes and maybe some emissions deletes to clean things up. Has anyone ever done this with their bronco? I thought i remembered seeing pictures of someone doing this but I couldnt find them. If anyone has any info or suggestions on what would be involved in doing something like this chime in :beer

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For example....

Here is someone that did it to a mustang

Before

After

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks awesome! I would love to do that with my Inline
i feel as if it would make it a lot easier to clean after wheeling and such.

im surprised no one has responded with comments on emissions deletes, i figured that was pretty popular

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Deleting the emissions is not as popular here as other places as it actually hurts fuel mileage. And alot of people need said emissions equipment to pass inspection.

I think it looked great, but I have so much crap going in my bronco it would take alot of planning and work to make it look that clean. I will be happy if my OBA doesn't clutter things up to much

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
I'll take a picture of mine when I get it back together (right now changing out a rusty core support) but it's cleaned up considerably. No EGR, TAD, TAB, CANP, EVAP canister, ABS module, PCV plumbing, Air pump, Jack and Jack handle (useless with 35's anyways), Mustang distributor boot, the wiring harness is stripped of all unused wires and connectors, and the intake and throttle body have all the unused vacuum and coolant lines removed and capped off.

I thought of wire-tucking the whole deal and welding flat panels to the inside of the fenders similar to the ones 5-0 resto makes for the stangs, but obviously I would have to custom make them myself. smooth inner fenders

Whenever I pop the hood on a stock truck I wonder how I ever used to work on it before lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll take a picture of mine when I get it back together (right now changing out a rusty core support) but it's cleaned up considerably. No EGR, TAD, TAB, CANP, EVAP canister, ABS module, PCV plumbing, Air pump, Jack and Jack handle (useless with 35's anyways), Mustang distributor boot, the wiring harness is stripped of all unused wires and connectors, and the intake and throttle body have all the unused vacuum and coolant lines removed and capped off.

I thought of wire-tucking the whole deal and welding flat panels to the inside of the fenders similar to the ones 5-0 resto makes for the stangs, but obviously I would have to custom make them myself. smooth inner fenders

Whenever I pop the hood on a stock truck I wonder how I ever used to work on it before lol
:popc1: very interested in seeing the results :popc1:

·
Registered
79 Posts
im actually looking to do this my self. i dont like the way my engine bay looks, and im a firm believer that a clean engine bay makes an engine work better :)

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
im actually looking to do this my self. i dont like the way my engine bay looks, and im a firm believer that a clean engine bay makes an engine work better :)
I'm a firm believer that if I wash the mud out from underneath my truck, parts with fall off.... :goodfinge

I actually wanna do it to mine, just don't even know where to get started lol

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
At least it's not a chevy....my brothers chevy had mud on it 24/7 and parts fallin off it 24/7 lol

To the OP, have you done this to your bronco yet?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At least it's not a chevy....my brothers chevy had mud on it 24/7 and parts fallin off it 24/7 lol

To the OP, have you done this to your bronco yet?
nope havent had the time. it will probably be a project for the distant future when i pull the motor for a build. however i am planning on spraying it down cleaning it with some simple green next coupe of weeks. ill post pics if so :thumbup

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Alright, keep us posted. Mine looks like crap and I wanna do it, but I wanna see someone do it to theirs first lol.

The only shiny thing in my engine bay is the new battery lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts