Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds simple enough warm engine, spray on gunk cleaner and hose off. Not so fast. I want to do this in a way as to not create problems where they do not exist, like getting water into places where it should not be and cause trouble. Has someone posted the steps to do this correctly?

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,206 Posts
there really isn't much to it as long as you're not pressure washing the engine on high...cover up the dizzy with a plastic bag and wash away..:thumbup

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Where does all the cruddy, oily, degreaser mixture go?
Being from NoCal I can only assume you want to turn this thread into an argument on how the OP will be single handidly destroying the environment by degreasing his engine.

Using a do it yourself carwash that recycles the water would be a good environmentally friendly choice

·
Registered
261 Posts
Being from NoCal I can only assume you want to turn this thread into an argument on how the OP will be single handidly destroying the environment by degreasing his engine.
Stereotype much? That's not at all my intention. I need to clean mine, and I'm curious how others manage it.

Using a do it yourself carwash that recycles the water would be a good environmentally friendly choice
The ones I have looked at around here have "NO ENGINE WASHING" signs and security cams.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Haha, the stereotyping was sarcasm. Its your call as to where the cruddy water runs. Let it flow into the sewer or wherever your driveway drains or place collection bins under your truck and take those to a collection site.
Obliviously it depends on where you are doing this...if I do it in my driveway it runs onto my lawn. YOU are the only one who determines where it goes

·
Registered
829 Posts
Stereotype much? That's not at all my intention. I need to clean mine, and I'm curious how others manage it.

The ones I have looked at around here have "NO ENGINE WASHING" signs and security cams.
So if your car exterior was covered in oil, it's alright to wash it off there? Just not the engine bay? Ask them to clarify their stance. I've never been to a do it yourself carwash that had signs saying 'No engine washing', let alone one that bothered to install security cameras to watch overweight middle aged guys and teenagers wash their cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts