Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have warn premiums and I need to clean them if it's possible. I went mudding and forgot to clean and repack the wheel bearings then. Now the hubs have alot of mud in them, How would i clean the hubs?? thanks

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
If you have mud and grease, hot soap and water will do the trick. Dish detergent is best. Make sure they're thoroughly dry when done. DON'T pack them with grease when they go back in. Just put a light coat on everything to keep it from rusting and call it good.

Just a heads up. If you had water in the bearings, chances are the hubs are full of rust, not mud. Check carefully.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
i use brake cleaner

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
for all the times i did a "quick clean" of my hubs, i recommend pulling them out and totally disassembling them.

Last time i had my hubs out I did this and it took away all the effort and grittiness of locking my hubs in. it went from me nearly having to use a pair of pliers to turn the dial to me now being able to do it as a "snap of my fingers".

Literally all i have to do is put my fingers in the dial as if I wanted to snap my fingers, go through the motion, and my hub is locked in.

Justin

·
Registered
600 Posts
This is my first off road rig and dont have hubs yet. What does "repacking" your wheel bearings consist of?

·
Registered
600 Posts
well im usually really good about searching. I dont post much bc i read all the time. I just saw it as a good time to ask in a forum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts