Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the deal with these things? Are they plastic or what? I sure as hell wouldnt have one.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
94 XLT BRONCO said:
I saw them to, and was thinkin the same....what would they be made of to withstand damage?? And what is the purpose? Except I guess you know your gear oil level at a glance???
Or a show truck maybe :shrug
i see no need to see my gear oil at a glance. i know it will saty up if i dont have a leak, and i know when i was stupid enough to have water contamination in it.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,683 Posts
Ok, this Item claims to be strong as heck. They even show a guy hitting it with a hammer. Heck I can hit the top of my head with a hammer and well thats another story.

I believe this to be simply for show and tell. I would not trust this even for street drivin'. My.023456

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Yeah you can hit them with a hammer and they bend then pop right back into place. The only problem is that any hard hit would cause all the damage to go right to the gears...then pop back.
No thanks. Replacing a cover is much easier than gears.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I ran one on my front end for a year or two and they are actually tough as hell. I beat the piss out mine in the rocks and it held up just fine. Some guy that runs in the calroc's events has em on his rig without any problems too. I like em :thumbup

Mike

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I don't really have anything against them other than your paying for a novilty...if I'm gonna spend that kinda cash, I'm gonna get one of those heavy duty jobs like Beerman's been looking at :shrug

·
Registered
990 Posts
The clear valve covers sound pretty cool, I mean I wouldn't pay for it for the bronco, but it's still cool. If I had some cool street rod I would probably get them for it.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
seems like poser gear, but if they are tough it would be good for people who run river crossings and deep mud all the time. Much easier to see if the fluid is contaminated than pulling the cover :shrug

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
the nicest set up i saw with a clear gearz was using a diff guard as well. it was a diff guard that looks like a spider, possibly made by poison spider, over a clear gearz cover. that was a nice look. depends on wether you want to put a diff guard on or let your cover take the abuse. the strongest cover they tested in the mags a while back were the molten images? the ones with skulls and faces cast into it.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
I sure could've used one on my front so I won't have to tear down the complete axle just to get the third member off and see exactly what broke. Feels like a few teeth are missing from the ring gear.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Bronco85 said:
did you Do that last year too? Time for a D60 me things.
Last year? No, this was in South Dakota in July. I tore the axle down and found that there were four missing ring gear bolts and a few more backed halfway out, six missing ring gear teeth, and a seriously chewed up pinion. Luckily I have a spare D50 third that's already geared 4.56 and that bolted right in place.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
So dustball how was south dakota? I haven't seen any pics or heard of any reports. I did look at the pics keith has on sf. Do you guys have anymore?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts