Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 bronco that makes a spinning clicking noise while driving---comes from drivers side and the faster the speed the faster the sound?ideas?not the hubs..
also--rear end sounds like it's bouncing hard metal on metal when I hit a bump--shocks seem ok--understand bronco are rough----on third one now.

·
Registered
402 Posts
maybe a u-joint? it has to be something that spins with variable speed, that eliminates a lot. The bump in the back? Has to be an attachment point for something. Jack it up and start moving stuff and inspect.

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
coopbronc1 said:
I have an 89 bronco that makes a spinning clicking noise while driving---comes from drivers side and the faster the speed the faster the sound?ideas?not the hubs..
also--rear end sounds like it's bouncing hard metal on metal when I hit a bump--shocks seem ok--understand bronco are rough----on third one now.
Clicking noise could be from a hub not fully disengaging when in 2WD.

Metal on metal niose could be the radius arm where it goes thru the rear bracket. That bracket gets egged and the arm moves up and down to make the slap noise.

:thumbup

G

·
I had the same noise when I was heading home after the first time wheeling in the Bronco. It would keep clicking as I was driving and accelerating. It has gone away though, but I did think that maybe the 4wd didn't completely disengage. Gonna have the shop check that out too when I stick it in there for that electrical issue.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
yeah, the hub not engaging would be high on my list too . . . mines sounded like someone was holding a coin against a bicycle tire spoke as it was spinning . . . and since I don't have manual hubs (yet!!), and since it happened right after I disengaged my 4WD, then I assumed that it was from that . . . and then it went away mysetriously . . .

·
Registered
190 Posts
I carried a 15 foot stick on my rear axle for about a mile, and it made a clicking noise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts