Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 Ford and want to put the newer 92+ clip on the front. Do all the body lines, line up? And are the wheel wells the same diameter in their cut? Has anyone done the swap before and how hard is it

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Zilla did the swap on "The Limo", and as far as I know it's a direct swap...:shrug but I'm sure he can tell ya more..:thumbup

·
Banned
7,651 Posts
Yes. Yes. Yes. Not very, but you have to change EVERY piece of painted metal forward of the firewall, and the bumper. You can keep your wiring harness, but you'll have to do some slight modification for the extra side marker on the new clip. The hard parts are the bumper mounts and finding a whole good clip that you can afford.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, I'm not sure sure about what i want to do just yet. The truck is actually a 88 f350. I Just started working on it and am debating wether to part it out (dana 60, 10.25, zf, 351) or go ahead and build it

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Andy351 said:
sounds like its a rig with lots of potential. i say build it. thats what i'd do.

Build it. Either you part it out and later on want the same parts to build something else up...Might as well go out it now.

·
Unregistered User
697 Posts
REVIVED FROM THE DEAD!

Geez... I had to revive this thread.

I see above that Steve83 says the 92-96 clips will fit, but changing everything with paint on em..... So, that means that the holes in the core support that the headlights and stuff are mounted on are the same for the new style shizzit? Interesting...

Back on to where I wanna go with this. Ever since I picked up Horsesh!t, I've had the desire to put a ~00+ SuperDuty clip on it. I think that'd look farkin tight. Anywho, since I'm not a millionaire and cant afford a late model clip, I figure I can attain a similar endpoint by going back in time...

I've got my old engine-less `82 just rotting in the back40.. I'm already planning to rape it for its 9" spooled rear and other random parts, but what about its front clip? I like the old style sealed beams better than this aerodynamic shizzit they've been putting on things anyways. I still have no solution for my Third Generation Headlights - Whats up? thread, and going "old school" with my 200mm ECE lights would be a solution to my crappy light problem...not to mention that the old style clip just looks "tougher" IMO.

So... whats the verdict?

·
Banned
7,651 Posts
Re: REVIVED FROM THE DEAD!

RavenTBK said:
...the holes in the core support that the headlights and stuff are mounted on are the same for the new style shizzit?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but all the core supports I've seen have body paint on them, so it's on the list of parts that have to match the fenders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts