Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
not surprising. criminals are getting savvier and more creative all the time.

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
wow that interesting but....................

Police said the criminals are creative and they fear a fake vehicle could be used by terrorists for surveillance and preplanning of an actual attack.
i find that them saying this, gives more reason to try and do this. it shows how it works. i think somethings should be kept away from the public. if the terrorist that didnt know about this then they wouldnt do it. but someone posting it on a website gives terrorists ideas.:doh0715:

so i think its something police should crack down on, and not tell us. but thats just what i think:rockon

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Texas DOT clone they busted last summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
I wish I had bought that short bus last summer.

Never thought bout haulin illegal immigrants before but a short bus would be perfect for that!

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
i find that them saying this, gives more reason to try and do this. it shows how it works. i think somethings should be kept away from the public. if the terrorist that didnt know about this then they wouldnt do it. but someone posting it on a website gives terrorists ideas.:doh0715:

so i think its something police should crack down on, and not tell us. but thats just what i think:rockon
we were warned about this back in 2001
I was working for FedEx when 9/11 happened. It was a weird time for us; with the gov watching the air, using one of our trucks would've been the perfect followup for an OK City type attack on the west coast. I know there was at least one driver in my terminal, and probably more, that started carrying for the next few weeks.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
There is alot of this going around with the cable/satelite company vans too.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The below video is QUITE INTERESTING with detailed pictures of captured cloned vehicles... these criminals have cloned anything from a US Border Patrol truck, FedEx trucks, WalMart Rigs, SBC trucks, Electric trucks, Postal trucks, Mountain Dew Vans, etc....

http://www.wfaa.com/video/wfaageneral-index.html?nvid=208847&shu=1

It is a very serious issue and is not limited to just some illegals transporting pot across the country to needy hippies...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Urban Camoflague......

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,518 Posts
My oldest brother once told me, "If you want to get away with something
illegal, hide in plain sight." I'm amazed this hasn't been mainstream decades ago.

·
I Shear Bolts
799 Posts
hmm... CHP has been doing this for a few years, but kinda the opposite.. plain old brown ford aerostar van with hidden lights and other such siezed vehicles converted to Hiway Patrol Service.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im just wondering how it is they bust 'em. I would think it would be pretty hard unless they get tipped off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts