Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got em done with lots of help. Bendin tube is a PIA, that cage is gonna take weeks. :shrug

80-ish pickup TG latches

Used the a stock 79 door lock rod, small tube and the stock door lock "button" for the latch mechanism.

Even opens

Striker was too small for TG latches, wrapped some friction tape on there, will probably wear out after 17 latches. :twak

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
just plan to buy extra tube cause you will screw it up at first. stick with it and you will get good at it

·
ate lug
88, 90, 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,192 Posts
Dustin said:
just plan to buy extra tube cause you will screw it up at first. stick with it and you will get good at it
We should be able to get it right. The doors came out pretty good i think. Took our time, and didnt end up with any scrap pieces. Me & a buddy have bent a few pieces on tubing in the past before, so we got a rough idea on what we're doin :thumbup
i think the cage is gonna be hard though. Got alot more bends to make when its on the outside. Hopefully the other dies get here soon so we can start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah the Ford TGate latches will work on ALOT of striker pins. I thought of using them after Jim and Kev showed me the jumble of metal that was the old door latch.

I used a set once before on a set of tube doors for a Cherokee, worked great. and they are very simple to rig up a handle too.

I think for the cage I might have to break out the TI-83 and do some math, instead of just throwing it in the bender and winging it. But considering that in the limited bending we have done we have only had to abort one peice of tubing ( and even that I think we only wasted about 15" of) I dont think Kev and I do too bad, just need our thinkin juice.

All in all I LOVE the way they came out, especially the go fast sleek back angles on the support bars

:beer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.