Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 Bronco II, 120k miles on it. I was trying to drive to work today and huge amounts of white, almost dust was coming out of my air vents. It didn't smell like anything was burning, but like dust. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my poor truck?

·
Banned
18,967 Posts
That's not enough info even to GUESS - when did you use the blower last? Did you have the blower on? What speed? A/C on? Heat? Have you checked your coolant level lately? When did you change it last? How long was the truck parked? Indoors? Did the "dust" stick to the windshield or anything else? Is it still there now, or did it evaporate?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, sorry about that, I'm not really familiar with vehical maintinence. I had the heat on this morning on my drive to work, but it seems to come out whether or not I do. (My truck blows air out of the vents regardless of whether it's on or not). I was going about 55 mph. I use it almost every day to commute to work, so it was parked only overnight, outside. I checked the coolent level today, and it's really low, so I'm going to buy more and fill it up. The "dust" left a kind of film on the winshield, and I just notied that something is leaking out beneath the truck next to the front passenger wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was kind of the impression that I got from reading the posts and looking around. I've found one at the local auto parts store, but I havn't the slightest clue as to how to take out the old one or install a new one... can someone give me some detailed directions as to how to accomplish this?

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
well if it is anything like a full size...it should be located behind your glove box.. remove glove box door and if the heater case is there you should be able to remove the outer case and see the heater core...remove hoses from core in engine compartment, pull out core...put in new one.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
redwagon said:
well if it is anything like a full size..
It's not. It's like a ranger.
A Hayns manual will have step by step instructions for this in it.

You would get a lot better awnsers over at http://www.therangerstation.com/

They have an excelent forum and tech section there.

This sight (FSB) is geared towards Full Size Broncos and F-Seriese trucks. We will be glad to try to help, but many here know nothing about Rangers/Bronco IIs/Explorers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts