Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the clutch installed and actually drove to work today...Been over a week. The tranny jack didn't hold up the weight and collapsed with me under it, Dislocated my elbow and shredded some ligaments. Kinda strange the things you think about while pinned under your truck...........Moral to this story....Don't trust a jack with your life, and if possible keep a phone within arms reach..........Fog

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Damn dude, I hope that wasn't your saturday night date arm. You'll be awfully lonely! Sorry to hear that man, but atleast the tranny is in! Hope you feel better.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
damn that sucks... glad to hear you're alright :thumbup What is it with trucks falling on people lately--is gravity working overtime or something? About 3 weeks ago, i was helping a buddy put a lift on his '99 PSD, the jackstands collapsed and his foot got pinned under the rear disc...

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,167 Posts
Man, that sucks big time Fog.. Get better soon.

·
FSB MOM
479 Posts
That sucks I always worry about 79F150 working on his truck when I am not here, would be a hell of thing to come home to.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
You cant catch a break Fog.

If it doesnt kill you, It makes you stronger. Pain is weakness leaving the body. Chicks dig scars.:beer

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Aww CRAP man.. sorry to here hope ya recover from this quickly.. That bronco will need to be punished for awhile... No mud for say a week:)

Man good thing it wasn't a E40d or a C6. !!

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
Glad you are ok Fog!!

I think about things like that happening to me when I am working on my trucks. If I work on something that seems to be a little dangerous I will try to find a friend to come over and give me a hand. That way if something happens I got help right away!

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Luckily I'm right handed so It's not much of a pain being one armed right now..... And the T-18 w/t-case is heavy enough as it is. I don't even wanna know how much a e40d weighs... I should have waited for help, my bud got called in to work right before this happened and I should have stopped, but I guess it's one of those live and learn things. I really was just getting tired opf waiting to drive the truck....That new ceterforce clutch is pretty cool though. A-lot easier to shift now.......

Seriously, If your working alone keep a phone handy, don't wait for some old guy walking a dog to come by.....:banghead
:twak :banghead Take care---Fog

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Queen of the Forest said:
Just gotta remember guys, truck parts can be replaced.....you CAN'T be......
unless you are mad of titanium.......

good luck with your recovery fog. and yes, it is a good thing you are right handed.;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fog,
Well I know it's alittle late but if you ever need help just let me know I'm normally not that busy on the weekends. Just food for thought.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rbaney, Thanks for the offer--I'll keep it in mind. Same for you, I really have no life cept wheelin' and wrenching (although I'm apparently not real good at the latter)

Damager- what exactly you wanting pics of??? The arm or the clutch?????? Fog

1 - 15 of 15 Posts