Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm apparently in need of a new clutch and I have a few questions, before I jump into this...

What brand of clutch should I go w/??? JBG has LUK brand clutches and they sell a HD one for my rig. They any good???

Should I resurface and shim the flywheel or just get a new one??

And Since I'm planning to swap engines this winter will I need to replace the clutch again, or just swap it over to the new block? Or should I just save the time and get the engine now and do it all at once......

TIA- Fog

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a link to the clutches I'm looking at.....
clicky #1

clicky #2(this one is suposed to be heavy duty)

·
Registered
315 Posts
im workin on this too, mine hasnt completely gone yet, just underpowered and i can smell it slip sometimes...

i was told that while you were in there you might as well replace the flywheel...

as for an engine, you dont have to pull it to get to the clutch, so i would just get a clutch that matches up to the engine you are planning on inserting as well...

i havnt decided what clutch i want either, i just know i want to upgrade while im in there, performance/heavyduty clutch kit and flywheel

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,840 Posts
just resurface the flywheel its cheap unless its damaged of course. I would get a centerforce stage II clutch. that puppy wont slip at all and will handle all the power your motor can dish out.

later

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good call man, I just ordered the CF stage II today. It should be here on Tuesday...Figured my wimpy little 5.0 could never throw out enough HP to need the Dual Friction so I went w/ the SII.

I finally found the "cross shaft lever" at a ford dealership and picked it up at lunch. Cost 20.00 bucks for a little chunk of steel.....

Anybody know If I can reuse the Flywheel bolts or if I should replace them???

Anybody interested in a write up on installing one of these????

Take care--Fog

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Good choice on the Center Force clutch.

IMO, if the bolts are in good condition they can be reused. Be sure to get a clutch pilot tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts