Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an interesting time with this one, and thought I would share my story... My 95 Bronco had been posting a 122 for about a month. It also had a high idle and was shifting rough.

122 - Throttle position sensor below minimum voltage.

I tested the TPS with a voltmeter, and deducted that the TPS was faulty. I removed the throttle body, and replaced the sensor. After replacing the TPS I was still getting the 122:banghead , so I looked at what else could be causing the code. After about a week of searching here, reading the Haynes manual, and talking to a mechanically inclined friend of mine, the only thing we could come up with was a faulty TPS. I removed the throttle body (again) and inspected the sensor. I noticed the "spring loaded" piece was not rotating back.:doh0715: I took it back to autozone and got a new one, confirmed it was working properly and installed it.

VIOLA! no more 122! I guess the moral of the story would be to check new parts prior to installation:duh

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I'm with ya there. I really hate it when I replace a part and the new one turns out to be bad. I replaced a heater core in my 78 Mustang II when I was in HS and the new one had a leak too. The reason it pissed me off so bad was the heater core on those Mustangs is a real PITA to get too, had to remove half of the dash. Before the next one went in we hooked up the heater hoses, sat it on the fender and started and warmed up the engine to make sure no leak.
Then I replaced the water pump on my Crown Vic and you guessed it the new one leaked, had a big puddle under it the next morning(this has happened to me several times with water pumps). The bitch about the Crown Vic is that EVERYTHING on the front of the engine bolts to the water pump so it all had to come off to get to the WP.
At least ya got it fixed now. :thumbup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts