Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I need some help with this one , I have been dealing with this code off and on for a few months but recently its has gotten alot worse.

332 - insufficient EGR flow.

So the bronco is pinging like crazy with this code , if I am low RPM about 1600 or lower it will ping , if I can keep it revved up it is OK. Drivabilty wise it runs , maybe a little down on power but ovreall runs OK with the exception of this pinging. But the pinging is bad , even just shifting when it drops RPMS it will ping on a level street, let alone uphill.

This weeekend I backed my timing down to 8 and it still pings , I just dont want to burn a damn hole in a piston.

I have went through the EGR system as vigurously as I can. I have done the following.

EGR valve - removed , cleaned the bottom portion to make sure there is no buildup. The valve holds vacuum just fine and it moves freely when vacuum is applied.

EVP - I have tested it according to Seattles thread , and it is testing within specs , I have even threw on a back up motorcraft EVP and no changes.

EGR Vacuum control soleniod - tested that and it is testing within specs as well.

Green vacuum line - updated that to a rubber line , no cracks or splits.

EGR Tube - I recently resealed my upper intake manifold, while I had that off I checked out the EGR tube and cleaned what I could , very minimal buildup and could run a pipe cleaner through there with no issues, so its not clogged with carbon deposits.

If I apply vaccuum to the ERG when the truck is running , the engine stumbles just like it is supposed to.

I have been searching and searching and cant find anything else to look into.
Are there any other components to be looking at to cure this code ? Any other suggestions ? I have been searching like crazy and it seems that its usally a vac line or something small and all of my stuff is checking out. I am worried this pinging could do some long term damage.

TIA

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does the EVR ever supply the EGR with full manifold vacuum ? My vacuum at the manifold is about 21 and the highest reading I can get is about 10 at the EGR, regardless of what I do with the throttle it peaks out at about 10

·
Super Moderator
26,086 Posts
yo,
332 KOER EGR valve opening not detected
DTC 332 "...Insufficient EGR flow detected. Atop the EGR valve there is a sensor called the EVP (EGR Valve Position) sensor. It detects movement of the pintle inside the EGR valve. You can apply vacuum to the vacuum barb on the EGR valve and observe through the holes in the casting whether the valve is moving or not. It may just be dirty which requires some careful scrubbing and NO SOLVENTS. Otherwise, if the EGR valve is functioning and moving when vacuum is applied, the EVP sensor is suspect and the electrical connections to it should be checked first. (Computer needs to know the EGR valve position for emissions control)..."
Source: by greystreak92 (Joe B)
DTC 332 & Possible Causes; "...EGR valve sticking closed EGR valve diaphragm leaks EVR solenoid sticking closed Loss of vacuum to or from EVR Open in EVR VPWR or driver circuits Leak or restriction vacuum hoses.."
Source: by latechsho

DTC 332; "...Continuous Memory DTC 332 indicates the EGR valve did not open with the engine stabilized and the EVR solenoid duty cycle present sometime during vehicle operation. Possible causes: "...Obstructed or cracked hose to EGR valve,Icing, Damaged EGR valve, Damaged EVR solenoid harness..."
Source: by Ford via SigEpBlue (Steve) at FSB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts