Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High All,I am curently Trying To fix up my 92 Bronco,But have ran into many problems.When i start it..It rev's and has plenty of power but when in gear i try and give some gas it bogs down and even dies..
First thing i tried was pulling codes.
I got..118..637..126..123..113..337...And 654.
Then I replaced the ECT Sensor..Replaced the TP(Although im not sure if i put it on right...Forgot To score)..Replaced the ACT..Replaced the EVP sensor and Tube..But have not replaced the MLP or TOT.....Can these Be my problems??

I also Replaced my Dist. Cap And air Filters + PCV Valve and Gromet.

P.S. Its also Worth Mentioning That i had a bad VREF on my ACT sensor But It may have ben from a Bad BAtt.(3.1 Instead Of 5).

Any Help...Smart Commets....Anything would Be Greatly appreaciated..Thx In Advanced
Chris:smilie_slap

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,488 Posts
Most of those codes indicate the feedback signals are above the maximum voltage. If your VREF is 3.1 VDC you need to verify the battery is at the proper voltage, then see what the voltages are with the engine running. Maybe the voltage regulator is putting out way too voltage or the PCM itself is not sending out the proper VREF signal. It's always a good idea the check/clean/repair all battery cables and ground connections when weird symptoms like this occur.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
bogs down and dies sounds like lack of fuel pressure.

you should have started with a complete tune up. All filters, plugs wires, cap & rotor.

then verify the fuel pressure with the vacuum line removed from the regulator.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A good place to start is to unplug your battery, so the codes stored in the computer get wiped. Then start her up and drive it around (or try) for a bit to see if it stores new, or different codes. Sometimes a circuit can have a hiccup and store a code when there really isn't a chronic issue with that sensor/circuit.

Anyhow, perhaps the new codes will give you a start in the right direction. Because the vehicle bogs and dies, acts up as you say, during load or when put into gear, then I would be inclined to believe you are dealing with a drivetrain sensor issue? I say this since you are saying it runs like a champ, until put into gear.

It could also be your Throttle Position sensor since you say you're not sure you have it set right. You have to check it's output voltage to make sure it is operating within the range it is supposed to at both idle, and under throttle. A bad or improperly set TP sensor will make the computer adjust timing and fuel incorrectly (bog/die).

Good luck.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
That's odd.

Put a multi meter on the battery wile it is running, whats the voltage?

Pull the test connector during the test to clear the codes, and then re run the KOEO test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts