Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY friend picked up a code reader and code 111 came up. I did some online searching and canobd2 said the following...

Code 111 System PASS

It doesn't give any other information. Can anybody shed any light on this who have seen this code before?

Also what is a good website for information such as this?

Thanks!

BillyDub

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Code 111 indicates there are no stored codes and there are no hard faults present. Use this for reference: 3 Digit Self-test Codes

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I deserve a flaming for this one. I should have figured it out with my own post. Thanks for the reference link rla2005!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
:beer It happens

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts
yep!

yo, also just in case;
Self Test - "...A technician that is unfamiliar with the EEC Self-Test can mistakenly believe that continuous Memory codes are not present when they really are. He may run KOER Self-Test and get a pass code (111) and not realize that KOEO Self-Test must be run to receive any Continuous Memory codes. He may run KOEO Self-Test while counting MIL flashes and misinterpret the repeated hard fault pass code (111) to mean that Continuous Memory does not contain any codes. The engine temperature must be greater than 50°F (10°C) to pass the KOEO Self-Test and greater than 180°F (82°C) to pass the KOER Self-Test. To accomplish this, the engine should be at normal operating temperature..."
Source: by Ford via miesk5 at http://home.comcast.net/~miesk5/technical_service_bulletins.htm#MIL Explanation with No Self Test Codes TSB 92-24-3 by Ford for 91-93

I run it around to warm eng to norm op temp, while shifting thru all gears and reverse;
then turn off all lights, accessories and heat/ac fan switch;
then shut engine off; then do KOEO portion first; then KOER while eng is still warm.

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts
I posted that 111 crap because some folks don't do the KOER portion.

If y'all look at our friend Fireguy's Self-Test instructions that are referenced here a lot; the KOER portion is not mentioned; he has it shown on another page

I cited this in the Sticky here and in so many replies that I may make a macro soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts