Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I play with my
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these brand new codes fresh from my scanner I looked them up and the problem says cylinders are to lean now thats pretty much on the fuel ijectors I'm guessing but I'm going to pour some seafoam into the gas tank to see if that will free anything up if it is infact the injectors does anyone have a brand they would recomend oh by the way my application is a 1996 Bronco 351W automatic 85,2002 miles

·
Banned
38,720 Posts
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

:twak STOP throwing part$ at it!!!

Take a COUPLE of seconds & do some diagnosis. Vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, MAF contamination, fuel filter, fuel pump...

:duh

·
Zombie Hunter
13,698 Posts
FordbyFord said:
I got these brand new codes fresh from my scanner I looked them up and the problem says cylinders are to lean now thats pretty much on the fuel ijectors I'm guessing but I'm going to pour some seafoam into the gas tank to see if that will free anything up if it is infact the injectors does anyone have a brand they would recomend oh by the way my application is a 1996 Bronco 351W automatic 85,2002 miles
Punctuation is a your friend.

85,2002 miles?

It's on more than just the injectors......do what Steve said.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
get the codes right....its P0171 and P0174

check for vaccum leaks, fuel pressure, maf sensor. you have a lean condition thats affecting both banks so its going to be a unmetered air leak(vaccum leak) fuel pressure problem or a biased maf sensor. those are you most common areas you need to check first

1 - 4 of 4 Posts