Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i am finally gonna have the next weekend to work on my 60 sas into my 78. Right now i have 6 inch superflex springs, with raised coil buckets(lowering the truck). WEll since once the 60 gets in i plan on pushing my truck harder than before and would like to lower it some. i am thinking of taking one or two rounds of coil, off of the lower part of the coil, via a grinder or sawzall.

i have heard it isnt good to do this, and it will make the coils not flex as good is that right? Does anyone know.

G

·
The Deavers can be cut, or you can do like crazed and return them for the 4" springs.

Cutting that soft steel should be done with a wet saw type device as to not overheat the coil.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i doubt they are gonna want my almost two year old springs back for a swap. i had heard that also about the wet saw so as not to heat them to much. i dont have access to one so i was thinking of cutting in very very small increments, and then cooling the coil with a little water or a wet rag. then let it set for a bit and resume cutting. possibly doing this like 3-4 times till i got the coil cut. how does that sound?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts