Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1983 with a 5.0ho motor. It is carbed. I am running a E303 cam with E6 heads that have been ported and decked. I have just burned up my forth coil in 15 months. I have a Procomp 6AL box. The first three coils were Blaster 2 MSD. This last one I switched to a Accel high performance. They will go out, then when it cools off it will run again. Then it will go out all together. What could be causing this. Could the procomp box be killing it? I am not sure what else to look for. I have the coil in the stock location on the back of the A/C bracket.

Thanks for any help

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
I have a 1983 with a 5.0ho motor. It is carbed. I am running a E303 cam with E6 heads that have been ported and decked. I have just burned up my forth coil in 15 months. I have a Procomp 6AL box. The first three coils were Blaster 2 MSD. This last one I switched to a Accel high performance. They will go out, then when it cools off it will run again. Then it will go out all together. What could be causing this. Could the procomp box be killing it? I am not sure what else to look for. I have the coil in the stock location on the back of the A/C bracket.

Thanks for any help
Replace the pigtail with the three wires supplying the coil Dave

Mine used to eat coils, then a Ford mechanic replaced that with one that crimps on and had to have at least 10 gauge wires, never had trouble since.

SIxlitre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts