Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm going to have to replace at least 1 of my coil towers on my '95 rustbucket and I was wondering if I can use a set of Early Bronco spring towers instead. I've got a set of spring and shock towers lying around my junk heap that would be quick, easy and most importantly, free to install. Has anyone done this? I would assume by looking at them that they are the same as the '78-'79 towers the guys are using on SAS conversions. Has anyone used them with TTB?

THX

Greg

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I think they are shorter. I had a sas question about towers and others advised they were shorter than the 70-79 f150's.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
why not put them next to the stock ttb towers and see exactly how different they are.. Will be a hell of a lot easier to physically see the difference..:shrug

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
It would work but there are a few things to consider

1. The tower may be shorter however I dont see where they would be much shorter than a TTB bucket.

2. The TTB coils and SA coils found under the earlier bronco's are wound differently at the bottom. So I would think you have to fab some way to mount them.

Thats all I got.

·
Registered
904 Posts
yeah yuou would need to devise a different mounting system depending on which coils you choose to use. I would actually be interested to see how it came out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would work but there are a few things to consider

1. The tower may be shorter however I dont see where they would be much shorter than a TTB bucket.

2. The TTB coils and SA coils found under the earlier bronco's are wound differently at the bottom. So I would think you have to fab some way to mount them.

Thats all I got.

They're wound differently at the bottom, but the top is the same, right? If I use the towers from the SA the TTB coils should bolt right in. I have to cut the towers off what's left of an EB frame before I can test fit them.....I guess I'll have to wait until after snowmobiling season is over......:rockon

Greg

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
They're wound differently at the bottom, but the top is the same, right? If I use the towers from the SA the TTB coils should bolt right in. I have to cut the towers off what's left of an EB frame before I can test fit them.....I guess I'll have to wait until after snowmobiling season is over......:rockon

Greg
I am pretty sure that is correct. You might want to do a quick search on that though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts