1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
712 Posts
Those are pretty dangerous, as they concentrate all the stress from hitting a large bump on just two points on the spring - which is bad because springs are of hardened steel, and if you're lucky enough you may just end up with a broken spring. If you wanna lift the front the cheap way get some polyurethane spacers that go under the springs (between the springs and the axle), tho even with those you're only gonna get as much lift as your shocks allow, and I still wouldn't recommend them for an offroad vehicle with lots of suspension travel.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
bad idea. I ran the under the coil poly bushing spacers for a while but they are bolted under the spring. The link you have looks dangerous

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Take a grinder. Use that & a cold chisel to remove your coil buckets (the upper ones). Move em down 2 or 3 inches, mark the holes & drill. Check for obstacles on the inside of the frame.

Bolt up the coil buckets using grade 8 bolts washers & lock washers. Tack weld em if you feel like it.

If you don't want to tackle it yourself take it somewhere like Bear Frame & Axle. Check your shocks to be sure you have enough travel.

Get new C Bushings.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lets say i go 2 inches, will i need to drop my radius arms? and wat degree c bushings should do justice assuming everything is in spec as it sits now? and i assume i should get longer bolts and some spacers for the bottom, right?? i can handle the labor myself i jus wanna get everything together before i go into it head first.

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
I swear you are the one who stated when you showed up here that
" money was not a problem "??
Wife closed the pocket book did she??
Look! if you cant afford to do it right, Don't Do It!!
save up the money to do it right the first time!
keep you're eye's and ear's open! someone is always selling something that you could use!
that's why I am going to go ahead and buy that Parts truck that I post a thread on
when I told you to make me an offer for the lift on it you said
" I don't have any money" then too
save you're money!
I don't have money falling out of my azz either
it all takes time dude
I would rather be Patient Then Dead!!! don't do stupid Shat!!
check the for sale section!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I as well vote on waiting till you can sucker up some $$ and do it right the first time. What is makin you so desperate to have a lift like yesterday? I say just wait till you can do it right, and keep an eye in the for sale section like others have said

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the wife did close the pocket book to an extent, she says its high enough as it is and told me bodyparts first lift later, that i can handle, i dont want to go too extreme on a lift, just want it leveled a lil bit until my business picks up good again in the spring, then ill probably go 4 or 5 inches(probably end up on the couch if i lift any at all but shell get over it)

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
the wife did close the pocket book . but she'll get over it)
Oh you are young aint you!!
1.Tell them what they want to hear
2. always agree that you are wrong and they are right
3. dont tell them everything
4. do it you're way just make them think you are doing their way
:beer
:twak
:doh0715:
:popc1:

·
Administrator
22,850 Posts
Oh you are young aint you!!
1.Tell them what they want to hear
2. always agree that you are wrong and they are right
3. dont tell them everything
4. do it you're way just make them think you are doing their way
:beer
:twak
:doh0715:
:popc1:
I take it thats its your turn to be an ass tonight?

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Yea I Rectum so?
I think I'll get off here now before I amke more of an idiot out of myself??

Later and ...........I'm sorry, so very sorry.............I'm Sorry........Can you ever forgive me???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts