Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Roll Tide!
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so ive been wanting to level off the front end of my truck and i just blew my entire wad on tires, rims, exhaust, stereo system, trans service.

someone mentioned to me that hockey pucks could be used as coil spacers. i NEVER off-road unless its driving out in the woods to go fishing at my secret spot on the lake. would hockey pucks honestly work for non-off roaders?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I can't tell if this is a serious question or not...

I mean... it seems like you're being sincere... but... you surely can't be serious?

Did you even try searching the words "hockey pucks" and reading one of the numerous threads where people mention them as a complete joke, or any of the other threads where people ask the same exact thing as you're asking, and everyone calls them or their friend that mentioned it an idiot?

·
Registered
453 Posts
bad idea to say the least. my friend did it on a ford ranger 2wd street driven and it reulted in bad bad mess.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
they might work on coiled jeeps and such if the pucks were a bigger diameter but our springs are a much bigger diameter and are bolted to the upper spring mount instead of just being set in place, it wouldn't work.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
they might work on coiled jeeps and such if the pucks were a bigger diameter but our springs are a much bigger diameter and are bolted to the upper spring mount instead of just being set in place, it wouldn't work.
Please don't even suggest that it would be adequate on any vehicle. :twak

·
Roll Tide!
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't tell if this is a serious question or not...

I mean... it seems like you're being sincere... but... you surely can't be serious?

Did you even try searching the words "hockey pucks" and reading one of the numerous threads where people mention them as a complete joke, or any of the other threads where people ask the same exact thing as you're asking, and everyone calls them or their friend that mentioned it an idiot?
yes i was being serious in asking the question but i had very high doubts in my mind about it. ive heard of people using 2x4's as body lifts and such but i just wasnt sure about hockey pucks as coil spacers.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Go get yourself a set of lower coil mounts off of a 4x2 truck, they're 1" taller than the 4x4 mounts and drop right in place.

Justin

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Please don't even suggest that it would be adequate on any vehicle. :twak
I never said hockey pucks would be adequate, but coil spacers do quite well on coil jeeps for a cheap 1 or 2" lift
:brownbag

Go get yourself a set of lower coil mounts off of a 4x2 truck, they're 1" taller than the 4x4 mounts and drop right in place.

Justin
Are you serious? Why haven't I heard of this before?

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
I knw a jeeper who is using a 2x6....

·
Registered
824 Posts
Jeffsbroncograveyard.com sells steel 1/4" spacers you can stack one or 2 for a lil lift. Ebay has spacers w/ stud extenders but I'd save for some leveling coils. Thats what I'm running along w/ a 1/2" spacer w/ a bad alignment problem. 2 1/2" lift is not good for stock brackets LOL. I'm fixing it next week.

As for spacers on a Jeep I'm running 2" poly spacers and they work good on it but Jeeps are about the only vehicle that plastic/rubber spacers are OK on.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Are you serious? Why haven't I heard of this before?
4x2 spacers are 1 3/4" from base to coil mount and 4x4 spacers are around 7/8".

And i don't know why you haven't heard it before. Between FSB, FTE, and pirate every thread that comes up about needing 1" of lift I recommend the 4x2 spacer and a washer.

Stock stud is long enough and everything.

Justin

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.